Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Warm vacation spot (with kosher food)
1  2  Next

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:46 pm
Hi! My husband and I are hoping to get away for two nights without the kids this Jan/Feb. We live in NJ and ideally would like to go someplace that has at least one kosher restaurant. And we NEED WARM WEATHER!! Smile

We don't mind flying (we'll have to, for warm weather) but would prefer within 4 hour flight of NY/NJ.

Anyone have suggestions other than Miami? We've been there before and would love a change, but just not sure what the options are that meet my requirements.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by mommyblogger on Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:48 pm
If you're willing to up the flying to 5- 5.5 hours San Diego or LA is a good option.

besty

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:50 pm
jet blue has a sale today you could go to las vegas,san diega,la,palm springs but there like 5-6 hour flight

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:51 pm
We're only going for two nights (three days) so I just don't want to waste two half days flying. That's why I prefer within 4 hours, shorter the better.

Last edited by mommyblogger on Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:52 pm
Scottsdale Arizona
Las Vegas nevada

challahchallah

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:02 pm
What about the Dallas / Ft Worth area? Warm, plenty of kosher options, and definitely a different feel than Miami. It is right at your 4 hour flight time limit though.

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:04 pm
Thanks everyone - amazing ideas, but Arizona, Nevada, CA are all just too far. We are leaving early Monday and coming back late Wednesday. If we go all the way west, we'll spend most of the day getting there Monday and most of the day getting back Wednesday. I think 4 hours from NY/NJ is really our max so we don't waste half our time getting to and from. Thx again!!

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:05 pm
challahchallah wrote:
What about the Dallas / Ft Worth area? Warm, plenty of kosher options, and definitely a different feel than Miami. It is right at your 4 hour flight time limit though.

can you share more info about this place? what are the attractions there? kosher amenities? food? shul?

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:06 pm
challahchallah wrote:

Oh, that sounds interesting. Do you have more info about things to do there?

sky

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:12 pm
also having a changing time zone makes a short trip so much harder.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:26 pm
Cancun
Mexico
Key West
Bahamas

Las vegas isn't really hot at this time of year.

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:28 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
Cancun
Mexico
Key West
Bahamas

Las vegas isn't really hot at this time of year.

Do you know if there are kosher options in Key West?
Where in MX would you recommend?
Thanks!!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:30 pm
is key west affected from the zika virus? what about cancun and Bahamas?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:35 pm
Cancun is gorgeous! There's a kosher restaurant too.
Warm and 3-1/2 hour flight

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
Cancun is gorgeous! There's a kosher restaurant too.
Warm and 3-1/2 hour flight

Definitely sounds interesting. Is it mostly beach, walking, lounging around? Anything else of interest there? We're outdoors people and I love beach, but my husband likes a little more activity. Have you been? Any specific activities to suggest?

And, do you have info about kosher restaurant?

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:43 pm
The Caribbean is about 2.5 hours from JFK and offer the most reliable, warmest temperatures. Check to see if any of the Chabads there have take-out options.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
is key west affected from the zika virus? what about cancun and Bahamas?

Yes. Pretty much everywhere from Miami south including Mexico and the carribean has Zika.

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:48 pm
doctorima wrote:
The Caribbean is about 2.5 hours from JFK and offer the most reliable, warmest temperatures. Check to see if any of the Chabads there have take-out options.

Any specific locations in the Caribbean you would recommend? This sounds interesting.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:49 pm
rlocker wrote:
Oh, that sounds interesting. Do you have more info about things to do there?

I'm afraid I've only been there for business, but I really enjoyed the vibe in my evenings off. It's definitely a real cowboy town, which is super fun and different than what I'm used to. I've heard the Ft Worth stockyards are a highlight, and they are in the heart of a nice historic district. There are also a lot of unique historical museums in the area if that interests you, plus some pretty looking nature-related stuff.

tichellady

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 2:58 pm
personally, I find dallas to be very boring. I would go to new orleans, although the weather may not be great. if you are not concerned about zika, then choose somewhere in the caribbean
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics