Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do you manage to take days off for sick kids?!
Previous  1  2

tichellady

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Its interesting that some women wrote they use sick days, or take child to work, or their bosses are understanding....

My boss is not understanding about anything --I have sick days but can't really use them because if I use all of them, the boss can say a person has excessive absence and can try to get rid of that person!!also my kids can not survive in my job if they are sick because they need to rest in bed or maybe throwing up or if its my baby he wont stay in one place --I won't get work done!!

I always ask people the same question op asked but never really got an answer. Most babysitters in my neighborhood will have been booked and drop offs dont want sick kids!!

My dh works evenings which is how we manage but my dh wants to switch to a better job during the day, I don't know what id do!!!

Most jobs rely on their workers to be there and can't have absences while other jobs like when I worked in an office getting paid "bubkus" it was easier to take off for sick kids and make up the work a different time.

Op, I hope you find a solution. My kids get sick a lot and I don't know how parents who both work full time in inflexible jobs manage unless they have a nanny or ????

is your boss waiting for a lawsuit by an employee? he sounds horrible and very ignorant. how can you not use your sick days???

nicole81

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 11:11 pm
Before I hired a nanny last year, I would first use every medium and connection to find an in-the-house sitter for the day. If that didn't work, I alternated days off with my husband. I'm not sure why the question is how do mom's do it... because working dads should beg the same question.

Yes, employers prefer when their employees are present, but the workforce does not consist solely of childless folk. If you are an otherwise reliable and valuable employee, it's a completely normal and understandable thing to take off once in a while to care for a child. Sure, some less professional employers will try to make an issue out of it, but usually if you are good at what you do, even if you have to take unpaid time off, they will ultimately overlook it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics