Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen son folding my laundry
1  2  3  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:10 pm
My teenage son sometimes helps me with folding laundry. Is there anything wrong with him folding my undergarments along with everyone else's clothing?
Is it wrong for him to be seeing and handling things like my bras and underwear?
I feel very uncomfortable about it but I need his help and he's happy to fold laundry for me.
We are chassidishe if that makes a difference.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:12 pm
I think it's awesome that he folds your laundry. You sound like a great mom and you're training your son to be a great husband. There is nothing wrong with him seeing your bras. As long as he doesn't try to wear them Very Happy

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:14 pm
No!!! He will see his wife's in the future, right? If he just quickly folds it or puts it into the pile for "mommy" it shouldn't be an issue. Don't make a big issue out of it and it won't be.
You need the help and he needs to be taught to help. (If he starts to take an extraordinary amount of time on your garments you need to talk to him...)

It's just clothes...

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:16 pm
Mothers usually do well when they listen to their gut. If it makes you uncomfortable, then maybe it's not the best idea. I sometimes pick out my underwear from the laundry basket before dd does the laundry. Not even sure why I do it, but I do. It takes abt thirty seconds or less. I put the stuff in my room and fold before going to sleep. Why don't you try that?

tichellady

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
No!!! He will see his wife's in the future, right? If he just quickly folds it or puts it into the pile for "mommy" it shouldn't be an issue. Don't make a big issue out of it and it won't be.
You need the help and he needs to be taught to help. (If he starts to take an extraordinary amount of time on your garments you need to talk to him...)

It's just clothes...

his wife is not his mom. I would take my underwear and bras and let him fold the rest.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:37 pm
No way. I'd pull them out first.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:41 pm
I remember walking down the street when I was a kid and seeing laundry hanging in the backyards. There was no segregation of underwear. The bras were hung and so were the mens drawers.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:45 pm
would he know the difference between your and his sisters? If no sisters that age then I would not want him to see. Maybe tell him to put your things in a pile, or pull them out first. Is there a large mesh bag you can use to wash your undergarments in? This way you can just put the bag aside. My almost teen son sees things hanging in the laundry room or sticking out of the hamper but I would not let me hold the items ...who know where his mind could take him?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:45 pm
What vermilion said. How long can it take to pull out your undies already?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:46 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I remember walking down the street when I was a kid and seeing laundry hanging in the backyards. There was no segregation of underwear. The bras were hung and so were the mens drawers.

you don't see that by frum families who hang laundry outdoors. There an never any undergarments aside for some undershirts.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:47 pm
So how do they dry them?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
you don't see that by frum families who hang laundry outdoors. There an never any undergarments aside for some undershirts.

I've got news for you in the old days folks hung clothes outdoors. There was no discrimination as to whether they were frum or not. My NJ neighborhood was 50/50 and every one hung their laundry. Most continued to do so after the age of fences.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:01 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I've got news for you in the old days folks hung clothes outdoors. There was no discrimination as to whether they were frum or not. My NJ neighborhood was 50/50 and every one hung their laundry. Most continued to do so after the age of fences.

you think it was like that in Meah Shearim?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:07 pm
amother wrote:
you think it was like that in Meah Shearim?

I wouldn't know I've never visited. I grew up in NJ .

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:31 pm
My boys ages 6-15 all sort and wash my laundry, I have no issue with them handling my underwear. But do feel weird when one of them comes dangling my bra asking" which pile does your THING go? " they don't even know what it's called😀

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:38 pm
I would not let.

My DH actually takes it (bra) out of the washing machine and hangs it to dry in my closet. Then puts the rest of the load in the dryer.
I would never want my brother to be handling mine! Hope you dont have older girls.

losingweight

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 9:47 pm
I think every mother deserves the privacy of her kids not knowing exactly how her underwear looks. Some weeks it's dark, some weeks it's white.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:10 pm
I've got to ask, why are your bras going in the dryer? It's a sure way to cut their lifespan.

pizza4

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:44 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I've got to ask, why are your bras going in the dryer? It's a sure way to cut their lifespan.

Did op say they went in the dryer?

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:56 pm
losingweight wrote:
I think every mother deserves the privacy of her kids not knowing exactly how her underwear looks. Some weeks it's dark, some weeks it's white.

Me, too.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children