Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen son folding my laundry
Previous  1  2  3  Next

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 8:37 pm
the only issue I have with my kids folding my underwear is the fact that they inevitably lift a pair of undies and say to each other, "wow, mommy's tushie is so big!" they do that with my husband's underwear too. they think rear ends are hysterically funny. guess what, I let them help me anyway. they'll outgrow the tushie humor, and I'm glad they help. there is nothing terrible about them knowing I wear undergarments. I think it would be odd to take out the underwear before folding, especially if they suddenly realized all the underwear disappeared. I can just imagine it: "mommy, don't you wear underwear anymore?"

granted, I usually do the laundry without them, but I'm not going to limit their exposure to their housemates' clean undies. it won't scar them or rob them of their innocence.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:35 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I've got to ask, why are your bras going in the dryer? It's a sure way to cut their lifespan.

I always put my bras in the dryer- in a mesh bag that's meant for bras- and they have lasted for years. I fold it so the cups are inside one another so that it keeps its shape.

essie14

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:53 am
losingweight wrote:
I think every mother deserves the privacy of her kids not knowing exactly how her underwear looks. Some weeks it's dark, some weeks it's white.

I promise you that your kids do not notice the color of your underwear on different weeks if they help with laundry. Just like they don't take notice of what color your shirt is on any given day.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:07 am
mummiedearest wrote:
the only issue I have with my kids folding my underwear is the fact that they inevitably lift a pair of undies and say to each other, "wow, mommy's tushie is so big!" they do that with my husband's underwear too. they think rear ends are hysterically funny. guess what, I let them help me anyway. they'll outgrow the tushie humor, and I'm glad they help. there is nothing terrible about them knowing I wear undergarments. I think it would be odd to take out the underwear before folding, especially if they suddenly realized all the underwear disappeared. I can just imagine it: "mommy, don't you wear underwear anymore?"

granted, I usually do the laundry without them, but I'm not going to limit their exposure to their housemates' clean undies. it won't scar them or rob them of their innocence.

I'm the one who first mentioned taking out my own underwear. No, dd definitely doesn't think I stopped wearing them! lol: It's more like, "Oh, I'll grab some of my stuff so you'll have less to fold." She's a girl and it's not a matter of tznius, just my personal preference, and partially, yes, so there's less in the basket and she can finish it all. Sometimes I miss one or two and she folds them. It's not sth I make a big deal about. Certainly if I'd have a teenage son like op I would do this - again, without making it into a big deal.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:40 am
Growing up, when we folded laundry my mother didn't remove her things.
But she always told us to just take the pile of all her things and put it on her bed- not to fold it or put it in her closet.

evie

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:43 am
I'm on the side of not being comfortable with my boys folding my underwear, though it has happened here and there.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 11:27 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
My boys ages 6-15 all sort and wash my laundry, I have no issue with them handling my underwear. But do feel weird when one of them comes dangling my bra asking" which pile does your THING go? " they don't even know what it's called😀

I once overheard my then 5 year old explaining to his then 4 year old brother that that THING is a "container for mommy's milk". (Yes, I had a nursing newborn at the time) Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 11:52 am
essie14 wrote:
I promise you that your kids do not notice the color of your underwear on different weeks if they help with laundry. Just like they don't take notice of what color your shirt is on any given day.

I would say it depends on the child... I would have been the type to notice. I definitely would noticed the color of her shirts too.

naomi2

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 12:38 pm
I don't think it's right for a teenage son to be confronted with his mother's s-xuality, even in a secondary manner. Bras and underwear of a teen or woman are intimate clothing. Pull them out first and also those of your "older" girls and let him fold the rest.

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 4:28 pm
everyone should always pitch in with household tasks ... laundry is one of them - do you think he doesn't notice women have boobs? do you think he thinks women don't wear underwear

please continue to let him do his share & hopefully down the line he will make some girl a great husband who doesn't see a bra or panties as any different than socks or kitchen towels ...

moonstone

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 12:44 pm
My boys do it, no big deal. They don't actually fold my clothes, but they sort everything so they throw my stuff (including underwear) into my pile.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 1:06 pm
Wow, I'm impressed at everyone who gets their kids to help with the laundry! I can barely get DD to take her own dirty clothes into the laundry room. She usually waits until she runs out of clean underwear.

I don't have a boy, but if I did, I don't imagine that I'd have a problem with him seeing my undies. My sister and I folded laundry all the time, both my mom and my dad's underwear included. I don't think we every really noticed, joked about it, or anything like that. It was just another job, like dusting the bookshelves.

I do remember once, my dad ran around the house with one of my mom's bras on his head, while singing the Mickey Mouse Club theme song! LOL Mom was horrified, but my sister and I cracked up. If my mom hadn't freaked out, it wouldn't have been half as funny.

naomi2

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 6:40 pm
You are all thinking about this from your perspective, not a teenage a son. Just sayin

peacock

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 7:16 pm
Put your underwear and bras in mesh bag and tell him not to fold that. Easy.

roselandia

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 7:28 pm
Remove before for sure. If they ask why strat thinking of a simple answer. Anyone has a healthy idea?

Rachel Shira

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 7:31 pm
I would just fold my own laundry (or have my husband do it) and let the kids do their clothing, towels, etc.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 8:23 pm
roselandia wrote:
Remove before for sure. If they ask why strat thinking of a simple answer. Anyone has a healthy idea?

When asked why not just say, 'It's called a bra, women wear it to support their breasts'.

Water Stones

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 12:39 am
greenfire wrote:
everyone should always pitch in with household tasks ... laundry is one of them - do you think he doesn't notice women have boobs? do you think he thinks women don't wear underwear

please continue to let him do his share & hopefully down the line he will make some girl a great husband who doesn't see a bra or panties as any different than socks or kitchen towels ...

Not for tznius but just for in case he see that my white panty have a stain. But I don't have a son yet.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 5:43 am
Seashells wrote:
Not for tznius but just for in case he see that my white panty have a stain. But I don't have a son yet.

Maybe one day he'll get smicha. Then you can save a lot of time by having your own in-house underwear-inspector and folder.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 10:54 am
DrMom wrote:
Maybe one day he'll get smicha. Then you can save a lot of time by having your own in-house underwear-inspector and folder.

I don't think they teach them the colors until after they're married. And anyhow, do you really want your son knowing where you are holding?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children