Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What is 1 thing you do that makes you feel like a BALABUSTA?
Previous  1  2  3

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:02 pm
Polishing the silver. It's my least favorite job, so it's that one job I tend to let slide. Last night I pushed myself, and my candelsticks, kiddush cups, and various shabbos table items are now sparkling. I'm so glad I pushed myself, because I enjoy it so much once it's done.....

PBJ

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:14 pm
Making amazing food for my family. I just love making good wholesome food even though I work full time so sometimes I just have to do what's easy but when I get to make those awesome suppers or Shabbos meals, I love it and my kids love it too.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:36 pm
1.Having all my shabbos cooking done Thursday night.

2. I'm a decent cook. (When I do)

3.I make sick tahdig that always comes out perfect and I'm from an Ashkenazi home! (Dh is of Persian decent)

P.s. Thanks for this thread. In general I am a horrible home maker, terrible at cleaning and rely way to much on short cut suppers and rarely have the laundry put away. This was a good reminder that I do have done great skills.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:52 pm
I am very quick at prepping multiple dishes in a short amount of time and I always make different types of food and it always looks good and tastes good.

MMCH

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:07 pm
love this thread!
I feel most 'geshikt' when I have a hot fresh pot of soup on a weeknight dinner.

trixx

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:32 pm
Dh has informed me that I'm not a balabusta (no hugs necessary, I've been saying since I was 10 my husband will do the cooking (yeah right)) but I definitely have my systems down pat. I'm a master at the freezer, All my chicken and shnitzel goes into the freezer already cleaned and in portion sizes. Freezer always organized and neat. I try to take care of fruit right away (put pomegranate seeds, grapes etc into containers to make it easily snackable) and never (usually) throw out a veggie it's either cooked, roasted or put in soup

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:52 pm
Pulling off shabbos for unknown number of guests every week. (up to 25 plus family)

I'm awful at cleaning though.

I love decluttering but it takes a lot of time so I rarely do it.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:06 pm
I love this tread!
I'm proud of myself when I manage to cook dinner early and when my laundry basket is empty - it means that everything is ironed or folded!

Miri7

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:34 pm
1 - being able to handle minor household repairs. DH saying "we should call the handyman about that toilet leaking.." and being able to respond "I fixed it earlier."

2 - Turning the lights off at night in a clean kitchen, with lunch boxes lined up and packed for the next day. It's a small thing but makes me feel like I have it all together.

3 - Pesach and YT planning - I always host more people more often than most of my peers (b/c DH and I love to) and at no other time of the year do I feel more like a balabsuta than when preparing and going into pesach or the chagim. That's definitely when I bring my "A" game.

Last edited by Miri7 on Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:37 pm
trixx wrote:
Dh has informed me that I'm not a balabusta (no hugs necessary, I've been saying since I was 10 my husband will do the cooking (yeah right)) but I definitely have my systems down pat. I'm a master at the freezer, All my chicken and shnitzel goes into the freezer already cleaned and in portion sizes. Freezer always organized and neat. I try to take care of fruit right away (put pomegranate seeds, grapes etc into containers to make it easily snackable) and never (usually) throw out a veggie it's either cooked, roasted or put in soup

That all sounds like a great balabusta to me!

pause

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:38 pm
Definitely an empty laundry basket with all clothes folded (if needed, ironed) and put away.

Extra brownie points for 5 lbs. of kokosh cake in the freezer.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:17 pm
pause wrote:
Definitely an empty laundry basket with all clothes folded (if needed, ironed) and put away.

Extra brownie points for 5 lbs. of kokosh cake in the freezer.

Brownie points for kokosh cake Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

I wouldn't be able to have that much cake in my freezer, cuz I'd for sure eat some of it!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 8:43 pm
I'm usually a horrible multi-tasker so I feel particularly balabustish when I have a few things cooking at once. (It doesn't have to be literal cooking, if I can do laundry and go back to the kitchen to stir a pot... That's a good day)

mamallama

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:44 pm
Making extra potato kugel on Friday for everyone to snack on. I didn't grow up with homemade potato kugel and I feel like such a balabustah when I make it and even have an extra one!

Surprise

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 3:00 am
Op here! Glad u guys enjoyed this thread! Hope it gave u all a boost! Thanks for ur input
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics