Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Question about shaky baby tooth

israeli83

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 11:31 am
My 5.5 year old has a shaky baby tooth in the middle bottom side and is about to fall. However, I noticed (since two days ago) that there's a tooth growing behind that shaky baby tooth. I was wondering (for those with the same experience) how long does it take for a baby tooth to fall? I made an appointment with a dentist, but I'm hoping it will fall on its own.

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 11:50 am
Sounds 100% normal to me. What's the question?
If you said the tooth looked shaky and about to fall out for a month and still didn't go anywhere, then I'd see a dentist.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 11:57 am
seeker wrote:
Sounds 100% normal to me. What's the question?
If you said the tooth looked shaky and about to fall out for a month and still didn't go anywhere, then I'd see a dentist.

Yes, the tooth is shaky for about 2-3 weeks and now maybe it's looser, but hasn't fallen yet and there's the other tooth growing behind it.

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 12:00 pm
If all goes well the other tooth will push it out. That's how it's supposed to work.
My DD has her new tooth almost all the way in while the baby tooth is barely wiggling. I should really make her a dentist appointment because that might need to be helped along. But if yours is almost out, it will probably just drop one day soon.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 1:25 pm
My DD had two teeth grow in and the baby teeth were barely moving. The dentist took them out and eventually her tongue pushed them into place. The dentist told me that for bottom teeth it isn't such an issue because the tongue pushes them into place afterwards. But for top teeth take care of it asap or they will be in the wrong positions and she'll need braces later on to correct it.

If it's very shaky on its own I'd encourage eating an apple or bagel or helping it along a little. Or the dentist can take care of it in one minute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics