Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Thanks for your Chessed!
Previous  1  2

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:59 pm
Moonlight wrote:
Really? Stealing? Everyone who gets a parking ticket is a ganav? That's quite a strong statement

I think what she's saying is that when you mail in that stub which indicates that you paid for the time you were ticketed, you are essentially saying that the meter person mistakenly gave you a ticket because they didn't see your stub on your windshield. This obviously isn't true. Btw, I would do the same thing.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 3:32 pm
why do people put themselves into such predicaments ... when I'm in a car with a person who does this sort of parking, I just say thank you to the officer for the ticket or run lol

cbg

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:11 pm
imasinger wrote:
Please don't post the "info".

Let's not encourage actions that are against Torah and the secular law.

I wouldn't give the info.

Just not sure how I feel about this

It's like Robin Hood.

Maybe My Family

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:28 pm
Op while it is possible that someone genuinely purchased the ticket for you I would not be surprised if they left you their "used ticket " which is essentially Geneiva and not an act of chesed at all. I know that Lots of people do it but that is just lots of Geneiva.... And it is wrong for both the recipient (should they mail it in ) and the giver .... It should be simple to know the truth .... See what time the meter ticket was purchased

Moonlight

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:36 pm
cutemom1 wrote:
Op while it is possible that someone genuinely purchased the ticket for you I would not be surprised if they left you their "used ticket " which is essentially Geneiva and not an act of chesed at all. I know that Lots of people do it but that is just lots of Geneiva.... And it is wrong for both the recipient (should they mail it in ) and the giver .... It should be simple to know the truth .... See what time the meter ticket was purchased

Just fyi for an update, someone saw what happened and let me know today. It was a frum yid who saw me getting the ticket, laid out a quarter, and paid my way for me so that my car would not be fined. He did not know whos cAR it was. The person told me their grandparent did the same 50 yrs ago and would feed the meters in the frum areas when they saw the meter maid coming . I went to thank and repay the person today , he took my quarter and put it straight in the pushka. It was his chessed and he didn't want to be reimbursed.
For all the negative people out there, I never dreamed that my experience of a kiddush Hashem would be perceived by you as Gnayva. Instead of this being MLamed Zechus on Klal Yisroel you have turned Baalei Chessed into villains. I will think before I post any thing positive here next time - I see the Satan has made the most of this

Maybe My Family

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:43 pm
Moonlight wrote:
Just fyi for an update, someone saw what happened and let me know today. It was a frum yid who saw me getting the ticket, laid out a quarter, and paid my way for me so that my car would not be fined. He did not know whos cAR it was. The person told me their grandparent did the same 50 yrs ago and would feed the meters in the frum areas when they saw the meter maid coming . I went to thank and repay the person today , he took my quarter and put it straight in the pushka. It was his chessed and he didn't want to be reimbursed.
For all the negative people out there, I never dreamed that my experience of a kiddush Hashem would be perceived by you as Gnayva. Instead of this being MLamed Zechus on Klal Yisroel you have turned Baalei Chessed into villains. I will think before I post any thing positive here next time - I see the Satan has made the most of this

Nobody is being negative at all in your original post all you said is that someone did an act of chesed by leaving a stub in your windshield ..... You did not say that someone saw it being purchased ......it is common practice for people to pass on used tickets and that would be Geneiva .... and there is nothing wrong with that being mentioned

So sorry you see that as being negative but it is the reality of the situation here in the city

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 6:57 pm
cbg wrote:
I wouldn't give the info.

Just not sure how I feel about this

It's like Robin Hood.

In what way is it at all like Robin Hood?
Everyone has the equal opportunity to purchase their own meter receipt.

naomi2

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 7:08 pm
Moonlight wrote:

Putting quarters in a meter before the person gets a ticket is a chessed. Giving/buying a ticket after the fact is not honest. It sounded from your post as if someone gave you their old stub ( like the gmach) so you could pretend you had it all along and the metermaid somehow missed it. If he bought it as the metermaid came by and she was aware and didn't issue a ticket, that's also fine. Your original post didn't specify.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:27 pm
cutemom1 wrote:
Nobody is being negative at all in your original post all you said is that someone did an act of chesed by leaving a stub in your windshield ..... You did not say that someone saw it being purchased ......it is common practice for people to pass on used tickets and that would be Geneiva .... and there is nothing wrong with that being mentioned

So sorry you see that as being negative but it is the reality of the situation here in the city

I'm surprised you don't realize that even according to your explanation, this certainly is not in the spirit of the law....Now your gonna mail in the ticket and plead not guilty with the stub that this fellow bought for you within the 5 minutes that's allowed. Obviously the point of the 5 minute rule is so that well meaning people shouldn't be ticketed as their purchasing a stub. When the person is reviewing your not guilty plea and sees your stub, they will be fooled into believing that you legitimately were buying a stub as you were ticketed. Why pretend there's no shinanigans here? As I said before, I would do the same thing your doing but let's not pretend it's not a little crooked.

Maybe My Family

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:30 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I'm surprised you don't realize that even according to your explanation, this certainly is not in the spirit of the law....Now your gonna mail in the ticket and plead not guilty with the stub that this fellow bought for you within the 5 minutes that's allowed. Obviously the point of the 5 minute rule is so that well meaning people shouldn't be ticketed as their purchasing a stub. When the person is reviewing your not guilty plea and sees your stub, they will be fooled into believing that you legitimately were buying a stub as you were ticketed. Why pretend there's no shinanigans here? As I said before, I would do the same thing your doing but let's not pretend it's not a little crooked.

It could be that you are quoting my post in error but if it is intentional please explain where I said that this is the spirit of the law ? I agree it is crooked never said otherwise

yksraya

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:42 pm
What one can do by law, if it's within the 5 min of getting the ticket. You can still go to the meter, pay, and show the stub when you fight the ticket.

I heard so from someone who just got a ticket and didn't wanna take a stub from someone who offered, so a different yid gave her this advice. But maybe one of you city ladies can check the accuracy of this.

Maybe My Family

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:00 pm
.Sometimes the traffic cops will observe that you don't have a stub and will come back a few minutes later to actually issue the Summons .... But he will mention on the Summons "time offense was first observed " ... A family member of mine once came back to his car while ticket was being written and he bought a stub right away thinking of the 5 minute grace .. Judge did not honor and specifically wrote in decision it is because the 5 minute grace period is from time it was first observed that you did not have meter receipt and not from time of summons issued.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:06 pm
cutemom1 wrote:
It could be that you are quoting my post in error but if it is intentional please explain where I said that this is the spirit of the law ? I agree it is crooked never said otherwise

ooops- I meant that for the op.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:32 pm
cutemom1 wrote:
.Sometimes the traffic cops will observe that you don't have a stub and will come back a few minutes later to actually issue the Summons .... But he will mention on the Summons "time offense was first observed " ... A family member of mine once came back to his car while ticket was being written and he bought a stub right away thinking of the 5 minute grace .. Judge did not honor and specifically wrote in decision it is because the 5 minute grace period is from time it was first observed that you did not have meter receipt and not from time of summons issued.

I don't think the officers can do this anymore-there is now a computerized ticket system.

Maybe My Family

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:40 pm
cnc wrote:
I don't think the officers can do this anymore-there is now a computerized ticket system.

I am talking about a computerized ticket ... This is a recent story look at a parking ticket the next time you come across one there is a box for "time first observed " usually it's blank but occasionally they write a time
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics