Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Do you cover your hair at home?
1  2  3  Next

rimon613

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:19 am
I am wondering do all of you frum women cover their hair at home? If yes what kind of a hair covering do you wear?

essie14

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:43 am
Nope. The hat or scarf comes off the minute I walk in the door.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:45 am
Nope

Sadie

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:46 am
No, not even when people come over.

I do cover during Shabbat meals at home, even if it's just me and my husband.

mommy43

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:50 am
Yes I wear a snood at home and only take it off in my bedroom or bathroom

evie

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:25 am
Yes, I pretty much cover all the time!

fiji

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:58 am
I cover my hair all the time at home usually with a tichel or snood, sometimes with a sheitil. I only uncover in the bedroom.

Geedeeay

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:08 am
Nope never! The second I come home it comes off!!!!

water_bear88

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:44 am
Sometimes, for comfort (I.e. warmth in the winter), or because it's an integral part of my outfit. Otherwise no.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 6:04 am
Nope. the second I walk in the door my mitpachat comes off. Its only on inside if males that I am either not related to or not married to are in my home. Or in the winter when Im so cold a warm hat helps to warm me up.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 6:22 am
I cover my hair when I get dressed. Sometimes that happens first thing in the morning and sometimes it take a little longer. Around the house I tend to wear a pre-tied bandanna. I usually wear a sheitel to go out, but I switch back to the bandanna as soon as I come home. I keep the bandanna on until I get into pajamas except on Fridays when I shower much earlier and leave my hair uncovered to air dry.

animeme

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 6:31 am
I didn't use to when the kids were younger, but as they got older I started to. Also, we like to keep the shades up and live close enough to the street to be seen. I will sometimes take off my tichel when nobody else is home and the shades are closed, but I have occasionally walked into the living room without realizing that nobody closed the shades, or someone knocks on the front door and I have to run upstairs and get something for my head, which is a pain.

heidi

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 7:08 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Nope. the second I walk in the door my mitpachat comes off. Its only on inside if males that I am either not related to or not married to are in my home. Or in the winter when Im so cold a warm hat helps to warm me up.

Me too!
Last winter I walked around the house with an old fur hat that I had somehow inherited from my Bubby, bcz. I was so cold.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:37 am
Half the time Very Happy

I often don't cover in the morning until I leave the house, and then once I come home I stay covered until it starts bothering me. (I have slight sensory issues and sometimes having something on my head can be bothersome).

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:43 am
No unless there are strangers

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:36 am
My hair is always covered! At home it's a snood or bandana.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:43 am
rimon613 wrote:
I am wondering do all of you frum women cover their hair at home? If yes what kind of a hair covering do you wear?

I used to not, but now I work from home and I have to keep my head covered while working. I work until 4:00, and then I have to get my daughter from her bus at 4:30. Once I'm inside after that I uncover.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:46 am
Always with a snood

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:49 am
Yes. I wear tichels (Wrapunzel style) all the time. At the end of the day, I may simplify with a snood or pretied. But in general, it is covered outside of my bedroom.

finprof

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:06 am
In general, if its just family then no; although, I have forgotten and gone into the shower with a hat or tichel before! (never a sheitel!)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels