Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Who watched the movie 'ROOM' (free with amazon prime)
1  2  3  Next

cb

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:13 am
I watched it and dont understand one part, would love to ask someone who watched it.

yidisheh mama

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:16 am
Oh! I loved that one! Was so sad. I watched it a while back, and don't remember all the minute details, but I might be able to help you. What part don't you understand?

Last edited by yidisheh mama on Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

slhr

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:22 am
I watched it a few months ago..type of movies you don't forget

glamourmom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:30 am
was so frightening and sad.

fire away.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 8:31 am
I read the book and I am half way through the movie (for the past week! lol). What's the q?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:40 am
I read the book, which I reallllly enjoyed but I'm also kinda traumatized and can't bring myself to watch the movie. Is the movie graphic/scary?

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:52 am
I read the book as well and thought it was wonderful in terms of providing the child's viewpoint. I have her new book but haven't started yet.

What's your question?

cb

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:56 am
when they finally reunite, the first supper back at home, the dad is extremely quite, short and leaves early. he doesnt want to look at his grandson. they beg him but he wont look at him.

why was he so tense about it?

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:01 am
Why do you think this might be? It's a situation fraught with emotional ambivalence and difficulties. After such an event, people are traumatized and don't immediately feel only joy. Also how might you feel towards the child of your daighter's rape. Perhaps not unmitigated joy especially when imagining what's she had endured

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

cb

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:06 am
I hear that, but I just has a feeling that there was more to it, but maybe I am thinking too much into it.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:18 am
Amarante wrote:
I read the book as well and thought it was wonderful in terms of providing the child's viewpoint. I have her new book but haven't started yet.

What's your question?

Did not love her new book Sad it's not awful but nowhere close to room. I was very disappointed

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
Did not love her new book Sad it's not awful but nowhere close to room. I was very disappointed

Thanks for the heads up as I have about 1000 books in my to read files based on reviews and recommendations.

But why the need to go amother? Nothing embarrassing about not liking a book. LOL LOL

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 11:34 am
cb wrote:
when they finally reunite, the first supper back at home, the dad is extremely quite, short and leaves early. he doesnt want to look at his grandson. they beg him but he wont look at him.

why was he so tense about it?

In the book this comes down as that it is hard for the father that she had a child with her abuser/kidnapper. Which makes a lot of sense and in reality it is very often like that.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 12:06 pm
I am not going to read any more of this thread ... cause now I want to see the movie ... until then [if I remember to come back]

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 12:09 pm
I haven't seen the movie but I think the book would be so much better because so much of the quality of it isn't so much the story but the way the author captured the mind of the child and how he is perceiving things.

Librarian

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:45 pm
Read the book! It's great!

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:05 pm
It was so sad, I cried during some parts. I think also as a Mom, the movie makes you realize how unsafe the world is and that made me cry also.

rachaelle

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:15 pm
I just watched Room! It was incredible!!!

Joy's father can't bear to look at Jack because he is disgusted that he was conceived out of rape. He is contrasted with Joy's mom's new husband, who interacts wonderfully with Jack.

rachaelle

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:18 pm
Amarante wrote:
I haven't seen the movie but I think the book would be so much better because so much of the quality of it isn't so much the story but the way the author captured the mind of the child and how he is perceiving things.

This is exactly why the movie is so good. Everything is portrayed through Jack's perspective. Like how he had trouble letting go of Room...

rachaelle

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:20 pm
Skippy!! wrote:
It was so sad, I cried during some parts. I think also as a Mom, the movie makes you realize how unsafe the world is and that made me cry also.

I cried too, and now I'm hyper cautious and alert when walking in the street. BH I don't have kids who walk through the streets alone.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics