Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO chocolate icing/glaze recipe ASAP - see details

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:06 pm
Must not require using beaters - people are sleeping.

Must not involve heavy cream - don't have any.

Melting chocolate is OK.

Dairy is OK.

Nuts and soy not OK.

Preferably something that lends itself to very small batches. I am making 2 cupcakes just to resolve another stupid allergy situation. (thanks to those who helped find the 2-cupcake recipe last time! last time I used a regular beater buttercream frosting. No beaters now.)

Tried googling but got tired of everything involving heavy cream or rapid beating. I need help here. Cupcakes going into the oven

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:22 pm
Sift together 1 cup confectioners’ sugar with 1 tablespoon cocoa. Combine 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1.5 tablespoons milk. Add drops of liquid slowly as you mix until you get a nice thick smooth glaze.
You can add a few drips more liquid at a time, but if you want a nice thick donut like glaze try not to unless necessary.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:26 pm
WHAT ARE YOU RA_MOM?

naomi6

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:27 pm
One tablespoon oil will give it a sheen

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:41 pm
Thanks Smile Cupcakes are out of oven, glaze is underway. Next: Need help diplomatically explaining to school why it is not OK to serve cupcakes that may contain traces of nuts at literally every single birthday Mad The explaining I can do, diplomacy not so much Exploding anger

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:58 pm
1 cups confectionery sugar
1 1/2 tbs hot water
1 1/2 tbs corn syrup

+ 1 oz melted choc chips

the corn syrup makes this thick yet soft when set

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 11:41 pm
seeker wrote:
Thanks Smile Cupcakes are out of oven, glaze is underway. Next: Need help diplomatically explaining to school why it is not OK to serve cupcakes that may contain traces of nuts at literally every single birthday Mad The explaining I can do, diplomacy not so much Exploding anger

Is the school nut-free? I thought most are these days because of better awareness of allergies.

Can you research cupcake brands and/or bakeries and request that parents only get from the ones that are approved? If the school has a list then it makes it simpler for busy parents so they don't have to figure it out themselves.

This might be annoying for you, but maybe you can ask to be in charge of classroom parties and parents will have to coordinate with you what to get and where to get it from? If you make it easier to arrange rather than more difficult then people are more likely to comply.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins