Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Hashem helps people who....
Previous  1  2

tf

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 9:00 am
MitzadSheini wrote:
There is what happens and there is how you experience it.

We all know the story of what the Romans did to R Akiva. And we say "this is the Torah, and this is it's reward?". And we shudder and don't want to think about it, and don't understand.

But R Akiva himself experienced great joy at that moment because he saw it as the opportunity to so totally totally serve Hashem.

This is the gift of Emunah. Which cones from a person STRIVING for it. The Romans were going to do what they were going to do. But R Akiva's greatness allowed him to experience it as an OPPORTUNITY rather than a tragedy.

So I would say that yes Hashem helps people who trust in Him by making it easier to cope with the difficulties and hardships that come in life. But it does not mean that such people will have an easier life, or a life where Hashem's involvement in their life will be discernable to OTHER people.

This and this are not a stirah. They actually go hand in hand, and either or.

tf wrote:
If the person who is makpid to daven at the netz is a real mamin in Hashem, he will see nissim if he looks for it. He will only go to the doomed flight if it is bashert from before he was born that this tragedy should ch'v happen to him. His tefillos and dikduk bemitzvohs will help him. He will be mispallel and the tragedy will not happen if he is zoiche.

Yes, The main thing is to connect to Hashem. Trying hard and failing happens to everyone, so this is not the sole reason why a person will be punished. Teshuva is the answer. Connection to Hashem helps us eventually see HIS presence. Seeing his presence helps us see miracles. Boasting about seeing Hashem and His miracles, causes miracles not to happen again until teshuva holds us back from boasting about it.

Yes, I have seen it happen countless times, but I would NEVER talk about it in the open. I have learned it the hard way. Here I allowed myself to write because hopefully nobody knows who I am. Connecting is very very difficult. It takes a lot of hard work to look for and find Hashem, and then eventually be able to feel his presence. Today we live in a time of Hasturas Punim. Hashem hides from our view. We need to go searching for Him. Even if we find Him, we cannot talk about it, for the person next to us might not be ready to meet Him. I found that When we talk about it, others minimize the quality and quantity that we see. They don't see it the way we see it. They may see it differently and be on a different level, maybe higher or lower. It is not for us to judge or contemplate.

The subject is extremely complex, but is reachable. If you don't see it the way I see it, so be it. I will not argue with you.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 9:36 am
I do not believe any Mitzvah or aveira will cause you automatic results in this world. Nor did I ever.Chazal also talk about certain things being dependant on mazal rather than zchyos. However many, many years ago when I was a very idealistic kollel wife and a lot frummer than I am now I did see that although money was always tight it did somehow always come in through unexpected ways. Therefore I do still believe those who say "If you have enough Bitochan Hashem will give parnossah" and those who say "If you reach a high enough level of bitochen you won't need histadlus".

(That was my personal experience. I know about your cousin in kollel who the whole family ended up supporting and other such stories. Allow me to share my experience without turning this into another argument about kollel.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics