Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Questions about facebook from a newbie

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 4:19 am
I recently took a job for a kiruv organization. One of my responsibilities is creating events for their facebook page(s) and groups. They have classes every night and want me to post each class as an event and send invites for the events. So I figured out the basics but here are my questions...please bare with me, it may be long but I need to figure this out.

The account I'm posting from has a profile (I think thats the right terminology) and 2 other pages. They asked me to create each event separately for each page. To me it seems very repetitive and I don't understand why it should be done that way. They seem to think there are different friends on each page. But when I create the event and then click share/send invite - the same 205 friends are suggested, with the same total of 815 friends.

Is there a way to see all friends on a page? Can a page have friends or just followers? I can see all friends on the profile but not on the other pages.

Its really bothering me that I can't figure this out because I'm pretty computer savvy.

And if I post it and invite all the friends on all 3 pages/profile - will the people get the same thing 3 times?

Can I duplicate the event and post it on a different page?

Am I making ANY sense to anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:17 am
I'm not sure what you are asking but I think if you make too many events you might get blocked. One a day sounds too many.

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:24 am
I think your people will get 3 invites but I am not sure.

You can also make the invite on one account, make the other accounts admins for the event, and they can invite friends. If there are different friends or followers for each page they can invite them, but no one will get 3 invites. You can only invite a person once to an event.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 1:50 pm
I am a follower for each of the pages and am on both groups and I personally saw the event in my FB feed a number of times.

I now need to figure out how to invite all 800+ friends. Any idea how to do that?
I ran it by the guy in charge and he agrees that this doesn't make sense.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 4:12 pm
from the event, click invite and then choose friends. But like raisin said make sure the other accounts are also admins for the event so you (or someone) can log into the other accounts and invite people not already invited. If someone is already invited they will be greyed out and you won't be able to invite them again.

so ONE event, but have each account invite their own friends.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 4:15 pm
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I guess I wasn't clear - its just 1 account with 3 pages. So if I try sharing it from another page it has the same contacts.
There are no other accounts with the same friends that could share it with the next 50 contacts.

I think I may have figured it out - I shared it to newsfeed. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Does that make sense? It doesn't say how many people it was shared with... There's no way to share with all friends?

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 4:18 pm
sharing to newsfeed is DIFFERENT than inviting friends. sharing to the newsfeed of all pages makes sense because it's diff people following each page, likely (if not, consolidate pages!) but if the "friends" you want to invite are all friends of the one account then to INVITE just click INVITE from inside the event and you can select all contacts there. you won't see people who follow the pages who aren't your facebook friend that way and that's why you can ALSO share to newsfeed from the pages.

Clear as mud? Smile

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 4:21 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
sharing to newsfeed is DIFFERENT than inviting friends. sharing to the newsfeed of all pages makes sense because it's diff people following each page, likely (if not, consolidate pages!) but if the "friends" you want to invite are all friends of the one account then to INVITE just click INVITE from inside the event and you can select all contacts there. you won't see people who follow the pages who aren't your facebook friend that way and that's why you can ALSO share to newsfeed from the pages.

Clear as mud? Smile

Thanks, but no. There is a limit of 50 invites.
We have over 800 friends...

Good point about doing it both ways. I just don't want the same thing appearing in someone's timeline 100 times.

raisin - you said you can't get invited to the same event more than once, but I see in my newsfeed the same event 5 times. Literally.
Shared from each of the 3 pages on the account, plus the 2 groups. And this was an event that I only created once and shared and re-shared instead of creating the exact same thing on each page....

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 5:22 pm
you're not INVITED to the event that many times though. it's just shared from various pages and groups. you're INVITED only once.

And you DO get more than 50 invites, absolutely.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 5:33 pm
Ok but it shows up on my fb feed 5 times in a row.

You get 50 invites and then you can invite a few more manually. I was able to invite close to 200 total but not 800. Can you tell me how?

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 6:26 pm
whenever I do it, I go in and invite a bunch manually. Then I go in the next day and invite a bunch more manually--- etc etc etc--- -always more than 200, but maybe never more than 200 at a time--- I just haven't made the time to sit there at one time for more than 200 clicks. Smile try 200 day and 200 tomorrow, etc.....

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 3:52 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
whenever I do it, I go in and invite a bunch manually. Then I go in the next day and invite a bunch more manually--- etc etc etc--- -always more than 200, but maybe never more than 200 at a time--- I just haven't made the time to sit there at one time for more than 200 clicks. Smile try 200 day and 200 tomorrow, etc.....

So you're saying not even to click the send invites thing? Just do it manually to begin with?
The issue is that I'm creating events for every day of the week (there are classes every week night). So I don't have extra days of leeway. I want the invites to go out for each class 45 hours in advance of the class.

What's the difference between getting an invite and seeing it in your newsfeed?

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 6:03 am
I would think it might be annoying to your crowd to receive daily invites. (plus I've heard of fb stopping people sending too many invites) I see some people will post something like: Gemara Shuir tomorrow night at 8pm - click like if you are coming.

The difference between making an event and posting it in your newsfeed is that with an event people are notified that they are invited, can say if they are coming, and will get a reminder about event. With posting it in your newsfeed you just have to hope that people will see it. (there are certain words you can use like congratulations that will make it more likely to appear higher in ppls newsfeeds)

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 4:13 am
TwinsMommy wrote:

Op here, I tried this - it doesn't let me add more invites manually the next day either.

smile12345

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:51 am
A business/organization page is different than a personal profile, it's a page added to an existing profile.
It doesn't show friends on it.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:54 am
So how do events on a business page work? How can I invite the ppl who are following it?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:57 am
You should ask your boss to go over these things with you.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:01 am
amother wrote:
You should ask your boss to go over these things with you.

Seems the person I want to speak to/maybe knows how to do it doesn't like talking on the phone or something, only via email.... so only the boss who doesn't know much more than me about FB has been trying to answer my questions by phone.

smile12345

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:06 am
amother wrote:
So how do events on a business page work? How can I invite the ppl who are following it?

You can target followers in an ad though not sure how it works with events.
Though seems from this link here that there isn't a way to do it:
https://www.facebook.com/busin.....63276

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:07 am
smile12345 wrote:
You can target followers in an ad though not sure how it works with events.
Though seems from this link here that there isn't a way to do it:
https://www.facebook.com/busin.....63276

Thanks for confirming that. I suspected that was the case.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics