Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Visiting the Churvah

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 9:35 am
We would like to visit the Churvah while in Yerushalayim. What is the best way to do this? It seems you need a guide, and I would like a frum one. I don't need it to be part of a whole tour of the old city, but if it is, I prefer it to not be on Friday.

Any ideas?

doctorima

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:27 am
When we visited the Churvah shul we didn't have a tour guide. We had to pay an admissions fee, and then we were free to explore on our own. I seem to recall that we were given headsets with an audio tour that explained the history and key sites within. If you specifically want a guide, by all means, but you shouldn't feel that you need one, unless something has changed recently.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:32 am
Thanks. Is it always open? I think the last time we were there and wanted to go, it was locked, in the middle of the day.

doctorima

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 11:21 am
You should check their web page or call to confirm, but when we went, there was a kollel learning there in the shul, so I would imagine it would be open during normal hours (though maybe not always to the public?).

imasoftov

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:38 pm
This site isn't very helpful as it hasn't been updated for a while, under opening hours it says they're extending their opening hours during the summer, but there's a phone number, *4748 (that probably doesn't work outside Israel) you can try calling for info. Or you could try the "contact us" page there and ask.

http://www.rova-yehudi.org.il/.....ogue/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics