Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Who can illustrate a book?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 11:31 am
I have an idea for writing a children's book.

How would I find an illustrator?

I would want the characters to be frum people.

Do children's authors just happen to know someone who can illustrate?

I'm wondering where to go from here.

Roots

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 11:44 am
I have no idea. I mean you can look at childrens books and see illustraters name and contact them.

but I can draw, and maybe someone you know can draw nicely, a friend or family member.

I can offer you my own drawing abilities...

Fox

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 11:45 am
My DD works professionally as an illustrator. She hasn't illustrated books, but she makes classroom materials and motivational illustrations for children. PM me if you'd like to get in touch with her.

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:47 pm
My neighbor does this as well. You can PM me for her contact number.

pizza4

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:52 pm
I can draw, not professionally but have made countless illustrations for children, teachers, coloring sheets, classroom signs...

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:57 pm
I have published children's books (not with Jewish publishing houses) and the industry standard for picture books is that the author submits the text and the publisher finds the illustrator. So maybe you should ask publishers what they want before looking around for an illustrator yourself.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
I have published children's books (not with Jewish publishing houses) and the industry standard for picture books is that the author submits the text and the publisher finds the illustrator. So maybe you should ask publishers what they want before looking around for an illustrator yourself.

thank you for that information.

queenert

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:

This is especially true with frum publishing houses.
(But if you happen to want to self publish, my cousin is phenomenally talented and you can pm me if you want his info.)

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 3:09 pm
Devorah Benedikt
Motti Heller
Dudi Globerman
They are all on Facebook but they are Israeli.
Rabbi Yitzy Erps

amother
Green

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:34 pm
yoel judowitz

theotherone

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:48 pm
I know someone who wrote and self illustrated a (now) popular frum childrens book. The publisher loved the story but had no interest in her illustrations and hired someone of their liking to redo it all. So best to write the text and then have publisher direct you in the illustration department.

Shuly

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:55 am
http://chanijudowitz.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room