Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Soap dispenser, yay or nay?
1  2  Next

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:55 am
The faucets I am ordering for our new house come with a soap dispenser. I wonder if we should bother with the dispenser or not. Is it a hassle to refill etc, will I be happier just using dish soap?
I will be having 2 dishwashers so won't be washing many dishes (I think), just pareve baking utensils.

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:13 am
amother wrote:
The faucets I am ordering for our new house come with a soap dispenser. I wonder if we should bother with the dispenser or not. Is it a hassle to refill etc, will I be happier just using dish soap?
I will be having 2 dishwashers so won't be washing many dishes (I think), just pareve baking utensils.

I happen to dislike those built in dispensers. I've never used them in any place I've lived. Now that I am designing my own kitchen (finally!) I will leave them out.
But I know some people like the look and prefer not to have the bottle of Palmolive out on the counter,

cinnabuns

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:38 am
I think it's a nice, clean look. Only thing is after a lot of uses they tend to break..

anotherima

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:42 am
cinnabuns wrote:
I think it's a nice, clean look. Only thing is after a lot of uses they tend to break..

Yes, I chose not to get them for this reason!

tweek

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:51 am
I love mine! I don't keep anything on the counters, so this helps!

Also, I find that somehow, since it's right there, my other family members will wash their hand with soap more often than they probably would if it weren't there.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:57 am
Yet again something I've never seen LOL

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:06 am
Ruchel wrote:
Yet again something I've never seen LOL

So interesting, they've been around a long time.

rachel6543

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:18 am
I have one and like it. I use it all the time.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:22 am
Before I redid my kitchen I was looking around and I noticed that people never installed them or installed but never used.

Well, I didn't want a bottle sitting on the counter and I don't have dishwashers.

So yes, I had them installed and LOVE it! Can't imagine why I wouldn't use it. It's not a pain to refill and if it breaks I'll most definitely buy a replacement.

But you said you have 2 dishwashers so I guess judge for yourself.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:22 am
I love mine. Even if/when it breaks there are universal replacements for maybe $25. There is no installation, just drop it in the hole. It is one less thing on the counter.

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:24 am
I love mine. They don't break if you make sure to press them over the dispenser rather than on the spiget itself. Mine is warrantied for the life of the dispenser.

I like that I can see my cleaning ladies wash their hands before they touch my kitchen.

cm

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:39 am
It's great. No need to keep a dishwashing liquid bottle on the counter. They generally work fine.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:00 am
I have 3 dishwashers and 3 sinks and have a soap dispenser at each sink. I bought high quality/highly rated ones that should be more durable. I hate the idea of soap bottles sitting out. They are easy to use and easy to refill. I am very happy with them.

Miri1

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:14 am
I have two dishwashers, but it doesn't mean I don't use soap! There are things I need to wash for immediate use, or items that take up too much space in the dishwasher, or can't go in the dishwasher etc.

I ended up removing one of the dispensers and using the hole there of an under the sink water filter. I got a good quality dispenser (OXO is one example), and it is also fine.
I haven't had a good experience with decorative dispensers though - they aren't designed for regular use and often break.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:21 am
You will will wash more dishes by hand than you think. Here's something to go with your soap dispenser, an automatic soap refiller:
https://www.amazon.com/Never-M.....SV7SE

sky

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:25 am
What do you fill it with? hand soap or dishashing soap (like Palmolive)?

simcha2

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:39 am
We actually have two at each sink, one for hand soap and one for dish soap.

naomi1

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:06 am
My dispensers happen to be hard to refill because I have to do it from underneath the sink, but I would still never change to a soap bottle on the counter! It's a much cleaner look with nothing on the counter, and much easier to push a soap dispenser instead of pouring from a bottle.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:28 am
naomi1 wrote:
My dispensers happen to be hard to refill because I have to do it from underneath the sink, but I would still never change to a soap bottle on the counter! It's a much cleaner look with nothing on the counter, and much easier to push a soap dispenser instead of pouring from a bottle.

Are you sure it needs to be done from under the sink? On most of them you just lift off the pump and fill it from the top.

naomi1

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 12:52 pm
I checked with my contractor who installed it, and unfortunately that's the only way to refill it. Thanks for asking!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics