Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Info on ny sems with degree programs

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 10:16 am
I'm from Midwest with an 11th grader. I am beginning to research sems in ny for my daughter. It's "early" but I would like to visit sems I consider over this year.
Does anyone know of a " point person" in New York that I can call who is knowledgeable on all the New York programs and what kind of students they cater to?

spring chick

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:15 am
The address I have for you is not a seminary. But she is really knowledgeable about jewish degree options.
Her name is Mrs Weinberg she runs a program called EEC Degrees. Her number is 718-252-4649
Hatzlacha!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 2:31 pm
Thank you soo much. I will contact her. I would really like information on seminary programs with degree program options.
Does anyone know about any of these programs?

The Brooklyn Seminary-Mrs Rachel zimmerman director

nitzotz bais yaakov- mrs. Batya Seruya minaheles

Machon Basya Rochel -rebbetzin aviva Fiener

the new seminary-rebbetzin bulka

momomany

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:38 pm
I have gone to Reb Bulkas seminary. You can message me

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:57 pm
Double

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:57 pm
There's been a new one advertising called TBY (Tiferes Bnos Yisroel?) That does degrees. Pick up a Mishpacha magazine this time of the years, and there are ads.

Rebbetzin Feiner's doesn't have a degree program. It's a one year seminary with an optional, small shana bet. The Brooklyn Seminary is, I believe, only one year. It doesn't have a degree program, but it has a joint program with Touro, like if she went to Israel, so the credits transfer right in and you get more credit. The school also gives four Touro classes, and the girls finish the year with 38 Touro credits.

Rebbetzin Bulka's sounds like the best match.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:16 pm
What about ateres naava?

Also, does bulka sem have one or two " tracks"? And how intense is it? Straight A students only?

momomany

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
What about ateres naava?

Also, does bulka sem have one or two " tracks"? And how intense is it? Straight A students only?

I don't know what you mean by 2 track. Bulka offers many different programs. She offers Seminary classes, those are classes given at the seminary in flatbush on Jewish studies and then she partners with different colleges depending on the type of degree that you would want. so there is social work and nursing and occupational therapy I think, there may be others I don't know. Basically she will give you whatever credits you can get at her seninary, the Jewish related credits and some secular ones like writing and speech . Other classes have to be done at the college campus, but they are done as one all girls frum class. Any Jewish related issues like uniforms with pants or classes on shabbos, yomtov are taken care of by the seminary. I have only good things to say about the program. Great degree in a hashkafically ideal way (jmho)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries