Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Sanitary napkins
1  2  3  Next

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:23 pm
How / in what does your daughter bring pads with her to school?
What about to overnight/sleep away camp?

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:27 pm
when I was a teen, I put them in my knapsack for school, brought a whole pack in my luggage for camp. no big deal.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:57 pm
I used to keep in my backpack for school.
In camp it's not big deal, everyone has...

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:58 pm
And then you just walked down the hall in school to the babathroom with a pad in your hand?

trixx

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:00 pm
I was a very private person, I kept it in cosmetic bag instead of having it out in the open. but in school she can just take her bag with her to the bathroom, no big deal.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
And then you just walked down the hall in school to the babathroom with a pad in your hand?

I tucked it into my sleeve. no big deal.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:06 pm
No, You teach her to discreetly put it under her shirt or to take it in a brown bag.
Or you can buy her a little purse.
In some schools, they keep them in the bathroom cabinets for this reason.

yksraya

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:10 pm
Little black shoping bag, and if I left class and didn't want teacher to know I'm on my cycle I would first tuck it inside my tights (tuck inside skirt and tights at same time) but was super careful it should go unnoticed.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 8:42 pm
for school I would put one/two in my tights on my thighs in the morning.

ETA I would tear them open at home because I didn't want them to make noise in the bathroom at school.

baschabad

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 9:27 pm
I used pads all through high school, discreetly tucking one in my skirt waist band to bring to the bathroom.
I would hope that my daughter doesn't feel the need to hide pads though- we are women! We bleed!
Even so, girls high schools should just keep pads in the bathroom for girls to use. I once found such a "women's Gemach" container at a shul, with pads and tampons in it. I thought it was a wonderful idea!

If you are willing to share this idea with your daughter though, using a menstrual cup can be very convenient, as it only needs to be emptied and refilled every ten hours. Also, she can wear it for swimming. I introduced it to my high school aged sister, and in her words- "it saved my life!"

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:03 pm
What is a menstral cup?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:11 pm
Another good idea is to put on two pads one on top of the other so u only have to take off the top one

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:17 pm
FYI Some rabbis say that girls shouldn't use a menstrual cup before they get married.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:25 pm
amother wrote:
FYI Some rabbis say that girls shouldn't use a menstrual cup before they get married.

Why?

Op what did you do when you were in high school?

essie14

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 3:20 am
amother wrote:
Another good idea is to put on two pads one on top of the other so u only have to take off the top one

I totally forgot about this but now I remember this is what we all used to do back in high school.

fiji

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:31 am
I tucked it into my sleeve

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:40 am
It's so hard for girls in high school. I remember it was very hard. I didn't speak to anyone about.it. I was so shy about it. I didn't have the guts to talk about it

cm

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:45 am
Does no one carry a pocketbook any more?

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:46 am
In my high school, some girls would bring a pack of pads and place it in the bathroom, so they could change pads discreetly in school for months without having it be a big deal.

It was very hard because we had stalls instead of private bathrooms. It was a whole huge deal.

I wonder what everyone else did - none of us really spoke about it and there was so much unspoken pressure when girls got their period to be discreet, which is a shame. We could have avoided so much stress back then.

essie14

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:40 am
amother wrote:
It's so hard for girls in high school. I remember it was very hard. I didn't speak to anyone about.it. I was so shy about it. I didn't have the guts to talk about it

Not when I was in high school. We all talked about it and complained about cramps.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children