Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BYA elementary school tuition

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:24 pm
B"H we were accepted to BYA for kindergarten for next year, for which we are very grateful. However, we were shocked when we received the registration papers, which say that full tuition is $9700! To be more precise, it's $8900 tuition, $500 registration, and $300 building fund for a first child in the school.

Our friends who've sent there said they paid much less, but perhaps it's gone up recently, although our friends who send to other similar schools also pay much less. Are there any other BYA mothers here who could confirm if this is indeed the going rate for full tuition, and whether it's just gone up a lot in recent years, and also why it seems to be so much more expensive than other comparable schools?

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 12:00 am
I dont have any kids in bya but I have in other flatbush schools and that full tuition sounds just about right. not high at all. if u cant afford it ask for a scholarship. I work in the bookkeeping dept of a flatbush school maybe 30 percent pay full

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:50 am
Thanks for replying. Could you please let me know which other schools charge around the same amount for tuition? Our friends who send to BY of 18th Avenue and Bnos Yisroel tell us that full tuition there is substantially less than what we are being asked to pay at BYA.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 11:16 am
Bump - anybody? This is somewhat timely.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 11:24 am
I think masores and drav meir are.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 11:40 am
OP, OOC, how much do Bnos Yisroel and BY of 18th Ave charge?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 12:22 pm
Our friends at Bnos Yisroel say that it used to be a little over $7000, but has now gone up to $7700. And BY of 18th Avenue is just over $6000, although they also have a mandatory $300 dinner fee. This is why we were so surprised to see BYA ask for so much more. Anybody else have anything to add?

happy2bhere

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 1:01 pm
My daughter is in Lev we are paying about $6,800 for the year.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 1:24 pm
bnos yisroel told me full tuition was 9,400 when we applied 4 years ago. we didnt get in after I told them I can only afford half of that

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
Our friends at Bnos Yisroel say that it used to be a little over $7000, but has now gone up to $7700. And BY of 18th Avenue is just over $6000, although they also have a mandatory $300 dinner fee. This is why we were so surprised to see BYA ask for so much more. Anybody else have anything to add?

Really?? I'm a Bnos Yisroel parent and we were told tuition is $10,000...when we asked them about it they basically said everyone pays full. I'm just saying what we were told. So OP that is very similar to what you were told with BYA.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 2:18 pm
I'm a BYA parent. Most people do not pay full tuition, but you have to fill out a bunch of papers describing your income and expenses + tax return + pay stubs! If you're a middle class earner, good luck... Middle class is the worse off, because it looks like we make a nice amount of money, but we get no benefits, so paying these crazy high tuition prices is impossible.
Also, besides for the amount they ask for, you pay extra for kindergarten and pre 1a after hours (extra $1,000 for the year), and around $500 for lunches.... I simply do not understand how people can afford it...

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 2:23 pm
When we applied to schools, Bnos Yisrael said tuition is 10,000! They said if we don't pay close to that, the board won't even consider our application.... We did not end up getting accepted, I guess we bid too low... BYA first accepts students and then discusses tuition... which is more mentchlich in my opinion, even if the tuition ended up being about the same...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics