Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dr Wang Ophthalmologist

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:18 am
I was talked into seeing this Great Dr. Wang In Manhattan, However I was greatly greatly unimpressed with his patience for kids!
There are other Dr.s in the practice One of then Dr. Panarelli, Does anyone know how he or the others are with kids?
I don't want to schedule another appointment with Dr. Wang but if any of the others are better then maybe I'd try them or the hassle of schlepping into Manhattan is Totally not worth it for me.

littleprincess

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:59 am
I was so happy with Dr Wang. That was about 8-9 years ago. Maybe he had more patience when he was younger. I don't live in N.Y. anymore. I recently spoke to a friend who still uses him and she's extremely happy
How many times did u go to him? Maybe he had a bad day

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:01 am
I had a terrible experience with him; his manners and lack of patience for kids and adults is horrendous. I would never trust my son in his care.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about the other doctors. I fled never to return.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
I had a terrible experience with him; his manners and lack of patience for kids and adults is horrendous. I would never trust my son in his care.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about the other doctors. I fled never to return.

Exactly how I feel! I'M NOT GOING BACK TO HIM the question is how are the others.
@littleprincess I was there once but it was enough. My 6 year old tends to loose focus (one of the reason we got glasses) he was getting nervous. Also when he was checking one kid he wanted the other to sit on the waiting chair near me if the kid stood up next to the chair even he was getting annoyed at the kid and me within seconds! its like he kept an eye on everyone in the room at all times. every few seconds he was telling one of us off. I was getting so stressed and annoyed. if he is working with kids he should have a little more tolerance over their imperfection!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:37 am
I currently use Dr Wang for my DS. We have early morning appointments at 7:30 am and I dont take anyone else along.

My DS once had floaters in his vision and they gave me an appointment the next day. After the exam DS was kicked out and we had a important conversation. He is impatient a bit, but when the eyeglass store filled the prescription wrong (they mixed up + and -) he yelled at them and made sure they didnt charge me.

I used to use a different pediatric dr that was more local to me. My DS has crossed eyes. At one visit the dr couldnt figure out a prescription so he wanted to schedule surgery.

We are a year and a half later and BH the surgery never happened thanks to DR Wang. My DS is still borderline surgery, but he will hopefully outgrow it in the next few years. My goal was to aviod surgery if possible, but I will do it if there is no other choice.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:40 am
op where are you located, may be someone can recommend someone closer to you?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
op where are you located, may be someone can recommend someone closer to you?

I have used another Dr. before but since I was recommended by numerous people to try this Dr. we did. He might know his profession well but he doesn't know how to deal with people it seems.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:28 pm
Weird, I went to him twice, with two different kids, and he was very pleasant and professional. Joked with my boys and made them comfortable.

He performed surgery on one of my nephews and treated a different one for lazy eye without surgery. SIL told me that he told her he feels his surgery patients are his responsibility for life--they can schedule appointments even after they turn 18.

Idk maybe he just had a bad day ?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
I currently use Dr Wang for my DS. We have early morning appointments at 7:30 am and I dont take anyone else along.

My DS once had floaters in his vision and they gave me an appointment the next day. After the exam DS was kicked out and we had a important conversation. He is impatient a bit, but when the eyeglass store filled the prescription wrong (they mixed up + and -) he yelled at them and made sure they didnt charge me.

I used to use a different pediatric dr that was more local to me. My DS has crossed eyes. At one visit the dr couldnt figure out a prescription so he wanted to schedule surgery.

We are a year and a half later and BH the surgery never happened thanks to DR Wang. My DS is still borderline surgery, but he will hopefully outgrow it in the next few years. My goal was to aviod surgery if possible, but I will do it if there is no other choice.

And for me he advised surgery but in a way that I couldn't take him seriously. I came to him for a second opinion after being at a local ophthalmologist who recommended surgery but left the option open of not doing it now or not doing it at all. Dr. Wang mocked the idea that I would hesitate doing surgery, without explaining the necessity of it. He came across as so pompous and full of himself.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:45 pm
I brought DD to him 11 years ago and I walked out very unsatisfied. DD was 9 months old at the time and terrified, kept crying. He decided I was imagining things.

When I went to another Dr and the same thing happened, he calmly told me that while he understands that there may be an issue, it's hard for him to treat it unless he can get measurements and see for himself. He told me to take pics at home of DD's eyes so if she won't cooperate in the office at least he can see the pics. He also told me to schedule another appointment in the evening when dd is tired, so she will sit relaxed in my lap and maybe her eye will drift out. I followed his instructions, brought in pics and he didn't give up till he go this measurements. she sat on my lap drinking a bottle, watching a video and as her eye drifted out he quickly measured while she was distracted. I stuck with dr number 2 for years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries