Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much money do we need to make an aliyah?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 12:07 pm
We're not rich and don't have savings...right now we're just paying bills all the time. Most of my family live in Israel and I'd love to move there one day, however, I'm not sure how can one make an aliyah without much money. I know my parents would try to help us out, but we'd still need some money until we find jobs. What's scary is the thought of us not having money and not finding jobs quickly enough. My parents would love for us to make an aliyah and be with them, but at the same time, I'm scared to move with my little kids and not have a job waiting for me or my husband. How do people make an aliyah before getting a job? it's just so scary. At the same time, I know there's a risk to be taken everywhere you move.

doctorima

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 12:24 pm
You shouldn't move there unless at least one of you has a confirmed job waiting for you, or you have enough savings to tide you over for 3-6 months until you find something, or you have family who are able to help you out until you get on your feet. There are some oleh benefits that can help; check with Nefesh B'Nefesh for details.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 12:33 pm
What kinds of jobs could you do?
Maybe someone here has a lead.

israeliMD

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 1:57 pm
How is your Hebrew? If you are fluent I personally would want 3-6 months of savings, not fluent I would want at least a year of savings. You do receive Sal Klita from the government but it doesn't cover expenses and only lasts 6 months. You will receive rental assistance for a few years after the first year but it is only 800 shekels a month for a family. Our rent for a 3 bedroom is 5200 shekels a month.

The NBN website has some sample budgets available. Depending on your career interests/education it will be easier or harder to find work. My husband and I are physicians and came over with job offers but it still was about 3 months until we had actually received our first pay checks because we had to get settled, purchase cars, set up the kids in daycare (gan) and school, start work and then eventually get paychecks a month later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions