Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Husband and wife coordinating--cute or tacky
Previous  1  2

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
I don't think that's totally it. I mean I guess I would've liked a little say about his tie. These will be professional pictures commerating a special event in our lives, and I want the pictures to look good. I would do a "magenta" type thing, that's too much, but I would've liked if he could wear a blue/gray tie for the pictures.

I think it's going to overshadow the event for you, and you should insist. Otherwise, you'll feel resentful every time you look at those pictures. You, your husband and your in-laws can also go out to eat somewhere nice to celebrate this event, and he can wear your MIL's tie then.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 1:43 pm
glamourmom wrote:
I think it's cute. he's wearing an accessory that coordinates with your dress. I like it. but I wouldn't make a fuss if he's set on wearing something else.

This.
I think it looks very put together - not to be matchy matchy but to be subtly coordinated.
HOwever I wouldn't make a big deal of it. It's not like he is clashing with you completely.

glamourmom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:00 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
This.
I think it looks very put together - not to be matchy matchy but to be subtly coordinated.
HOwever I wouldn't make a big deal of it. It's not like he is clashing with you completely.

it's funny. I had the exact words matchy matchy in my post but then took it out.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:12 pm
debsey wrote:
I think it's going to overshadow the event for you, and you should insist. Otherwise, you'll feel resentful every time you look at those pictures. You, your husband and your in-laws can also go out to eat somewhere nice to celebrate this event, and he can wear your MIL's tie then.

What she said.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics