Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Ifsp meeting - question

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:21 pm
Hi, my daughter is schedule for her annual ifsp meeting tomorrow. In the past, I've always taken her with me, but it interferes with some of her therapy sessions tomorrow and I would anyway have a babysitter at home for the other kids. I can't get through to my service coordinater. Does anyone know if I have to take her with me?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:25 pm
Is IFSP the same as ISP? If so, no need for her to be there.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:30 pm
I think it's the same as an iep, but it's for a younger child.

married123

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:52 pm
No need to take her. Its for you to discuss her plan for services and her level of progress/development

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:56 pm
I have been told that I should davka NOT bring the child to the meeting.

working hard

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:06 pm
I am usually told not to bring my child as sometimes when budget is tight they will look at the child and from a 2 second look, decide she does not need so much...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:37 pm
The child is not at all required to be there, they're not evaluating her at the ifsp. It's a meeting between you and service coordinator and social worker and city representative to discuss what services the child will need based on the printed up evaluations ( that were done already) and based on your concerns as the parent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)