Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Lakewood - Good Chinese Food - S. Side of Lake?

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 7:21 pm
Is there anywhere on the S. Side of the lake that sells good chinese food, or do I have to go to the other side of town?
I saw there was a new chinese place on Clifton and like 3rd - anyone try it?

sourstix

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 7:26 pm
Not that I know of. Kosher Chinese? Is that the one u mean? I ate there once and don't remember what it was like. Not a frequent Chinese food shopper though it's entirely possible Estraeia has. Following this thread for updates.

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 7:30 pm
sourstix wrote:
Not that I know of. Kosher Chinese? Is that the one u mean? I ate there once and don't remember what it was like. Not a frequent Chinese food shopper though it's entirely possible Estraeia has. Following this thread for updates.

I had a rotten day and I decided that I'm just in the mood for some really totally nutritionally empty yummy chinese food - like Lo Mein - (you KNOW how bad my day was if I'm eating that kind of food, which I normally can't bring myself to eat, because I feel so guilty)

I don't even want something that's marginally healthy, like tofu with brown sauce. I want comfort food. But I also don't want to drive to D'lux, and can't justify a delivery fee for one order of chicken chow mein or whatever.

I may just ask DH to indulge me..... we'll see. I'm in such a babyish mood!

anonymrs

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 7:55 pm
debsey wrote:
I had a rotten day and I decided that I'm just in the mood for some really totally nutritionally empty yummy chinese food - like Lo Mein - (you KNOW how bad my day was if I'm eating that kind of food, which I normally can't bring myself to eat, because I feel so guilty)

I don't even want something that's marginally healthy, like tofu with brown sauce. I want comfort food. But I also don't want to drive to D'lux, and can't justify a delivery fee for one order of chicken chow mein or whatever.

I may just ask DH to indulge me..... we'll see. I'm in such a babyish mood!

Can we share the delivery fee to south side of the lake? I had a crummy day, too.

And hugs to you on whatever didn't go well for you today.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 7:59 pm
Totally get you... until stores start delivering for free- If anyone's looking for good business ideas- Here's a list of what were missing on the south side of the lake-
1. Good Chinese place
2. Good coffee place
3. Women's gym
4. Toy/ crafts store

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:00 pm
The new Chinese place on Clifton is called heimish Chinese.
It's not on the south side of the lake though, and you might hit traffic on your way. The food is good.

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:04 pm
Does it have to be Chinese? There's a lot of great food south of the lake.

The one on 3rd is worth trying if you like Chinese.

There's Yussis in Westgate. Don't know specifically if they have chinese.

Last edited by Simple1 on Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:08 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Can we share the delivery fee to south side of the lake? I had a crummy day, too.

And hugs to you on whatever didn't go well for you today.

Thanks. Hug back. Got disappointing news from OB-GYN. B"H, nothing dangerous, just we were hoping to avoid a certain procedure using medication, and the medication didn't work as well as predicted so back to the original plan.
Then I was preoccupied with that, so totally misread the instructions on a major project I'm working on. Worked on it all day, just realized the error. Hours of work for nothing. Totally my fault, my head wasn't in the game.

I should cut my losses and go to bed, but first I need to salvage what I just figured out about this project so we can have a more productive day tomorrow.

and I want chinese food. And I don't want to cook it. And I don't want to drive anywhere.

I know, I know. I'm having a pity party.

Hugs to you to on your rotten day.......

anonymrs

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:20 pm
debsey wrote:
Thanks. Hug back. Got disappointing news from OB-GYN. B"H, nothing dangerous, just we were hoping to avoid a certain procedure using medication, and the medication didn't work as well as predicted so back to the original plan.
Then I was preoccupied with that, so totally misread the instructions on a major project I'm working on. Worked on it all day, just realized the error. Hours of work for nothing. Totally my fault, my head wasn't in the game.

I should cut my losses and go to bed, but first I need to salvage what I just figured out about this project so we can have a more productive day tomorrow.

and I want chinese food. And I don't want to cook it. And I don't want to drive anywhere.

Similar situation here. Sorry for you Sad .

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:26 pm
Pharmex pharmacy has a toy branch in their store from toys to discover from Brooklyn and someone Braun on Williams street has a teacher supplies and craft store in her house she is opened every night.

UQT

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:29 pm
Debsey Glatt Gourmet has Chinese food - doesn't compare to Yunkee's in NY (that's my standard that I compare all Chinese food to) but it's good. If the craving is still there, go for it. The person who suggested yussi's he changed his name to Snaps. Heard it's interesting menu - didn't check it out in person.

For toys - Pharmex in Todd plaza has toymax. It's not laid out so nicely but they have almost anything you need. For little crafty stuff Center of Town on our side of the lake carries anything you need.

Coffee - if you do Dunkin Donuts they got what you need.

Bakery - Did you know Gingerbread carries Hershey bakery stuff on Thursday or Friday.

I hope I'm singlehandedly going to help the traffic issue by the lake by keeping all of my neighbors doing their shoppping on our side of the lake.

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:44 pm
UQT wrote:
Debsey Glatt Gourmet has Chinese food - doesn't compare to Yunkee's in NY (that's my standard that I compare all Chinese food to)

YUM.....Yunkee's! My all time favorite. They should open a franchise in Lakewood....on the S. Side of the Lake.

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 11:03 pm
DH had PTA so he was able to run in and get me some lo mein. My hero! (Be still, my heart). Sometimes, Chinese food is a girl's best friend (cuz you can't eat diamonds)

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:45 pm
UQT wrote:
Debsey Glatt Gourmet has Chinese food - doesn't compare to Yunkee's in NY (that's my standard that I compare all Chinese food to) but it's good. If the craving is still there, go for it. The person who suggested yussi's he changed his name to Snaps. Heard it's interesting menu - didn't check it out in person.

DD and seminary friends went to snaps, and they said the food was awful. DD said she threw it out.

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 5:04 pm
Oy Gevald! Yunkees pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese come here. Just reminded me of them why did you remind me? Ouch. Tell them they have some die hard fans living here we need them. Now. I dream about the times I used to go with dh there and it was sos sososososososos goooooooooooood. Lakewood common can't you bring some of that here? I miss the food in Brooklyn.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 5:31 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Does it have to be Chinese? There's a lot of great food south of the lake.

The one on 3rd is worth trying if you like Chinese.

There's Yussis in Westgate. Don't know specifically if they have chinese.

No more...Now its called SNAPS...Food is very good and affordable..

Shwartz's place on 2nd street is good and they deliver

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 5:35 pm
debsey wrote:

They deliver...

http://heimishkosherchinese.com/

Feel better Smile

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 5:37 pm
sourstix wrote:
Oy Gevald! Yunkees pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese come here. Just reminded me of them why did you remind me? Ouch. Tell them they have some die hard fans living here we need them. Now. I dream about the times I used to go with dh there and it was sos sososososososos goooooooooooood. Lakewood common can't you bring some of that here? I miss the food in Brooklyn.

Thats funny..From many threads I always thought you were too Chasidish to eat in restaurants
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics