Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/O - Lakewood-Businesses we need on the S. Side of the Lake
1  2  3  Next

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:13 pm
I'll start:

Great Chinese food.

Bakery.

UQT

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:24 pm
A Chase bank. That's the only reason I'll go to the other side of the lake!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:30 pm
A public library

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:40 pm
Chinese food is true

a shoemaker. I know that sounds funny but there isn't even one. Its a pain just to get taps. You could have a small drop off store that doesn't do the work on site and contract with another shoe maker.

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:45 pm
Someone on the other thread said woman's gym. Totally true. great spin classes that I don't have to travel far for......that would be a business I'd patronize.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:12 pm
A nice cafe/ coffee shop similar to or a branch of kava/ French press

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
A public library

Does Toms River have one? Some states have networks that allow residents of other cities and even counties to use their libraries.

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:24 pm
Just fix the traffic, and I'll be fine.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:02 pm
bagel store like bagel nosh but faster service. Seamstress that actually is good and speaks English, without an attitude. That also does alterations that are bit more complicated. With good hours! Pharmacy that has good delivery. Not like pharmex that doesn't have customer service., good Jewish library, that also has Yiddish books for the Yiddish speaking crowd.

More groceries that have good delivery and fresh food

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:04 pm
amother wrote:
bagel store like bagel nosh but faster service. Seamstress that actually is good and speaks English, without an attitude. That also does alterations that are bit more complicated. With good hours! Pharmacy that has good delivery. Not like pharmex that doesn't have customer service.

Off topic but I can't imagine a bagel store having faster service than bagel nosh... Even when there's a line out the door, it goes really really fast!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:08 pm
Then you need to come to Brooklyn to find out what service is all about. Now way do u have to wait 20 minutes fir a sandwich! I actually walked away twice from there because of that! It's ridiculous. To wait so long for a sandwich. Your so used to it you don't realize how bad it is. Can't wait for competition

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
Off topic but I can't imagine a bagel store having faster service than bagel nosh... Even when there's a line out the door, it goes really really fast!

Four corners is opening soon in the pizza on wheels plaza.

Wish it would have a drive thru!

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
Four corners is opening soon in the pizza on wheels plaza.

Wish it would have a drive thru!

And there's one on James st
Super Stop had yummy fresh bagels motzei shabbos

(Edited to correct name of store )

Last edited by Simple1 on Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:

What?! I feel like my baby grows out of one size and into the next while I'm on line in Bagel Nosh. The line is FOREVER and I can't figure out why. They really need to hire a time and motion study person to figure out how they can get people out faster.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:19 pm
Stop and shop or super stop?

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
Stop and shop or super stop?

Maybe I got the name mixed up. But it's the kosher grocery near Todd plaza. NOT the supermarket chain.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 10:40 pm
Agreed about the shoe maker! First thing I thought if when I saw the topic. And chase bank-such a pain to drive across town for that. I would love another branch of a uniform shop. Besides for that that we're doing pretty well. New stores opening every day it's so much more convenient.
As far as the library -any branch of ocean county library allows you to take out books but none of them are conveniently located in the rt 9 south area. Brick library isn't too far (on chambersbridge) but it's not exactly close.

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 11:01 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Maybe I got the name mixed up. But it's the kosher grocery near Todd plaza. NOT the supermarket chain.

SuperStop

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 11:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Does Toms River have one? Some states have networks that allow residents of other cities and even counties to use their libraries.

Toms River has one, but Manchester is closer! It's right off Route 70 west, about 8-10 minutes down (and almost never any traffic!!).

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 12:11 am
amother wrote:
Agreed about the shoe maker! First thing I thought if when I saw the topic. And chase bank-such a pain to drive across town for that. I would love another branch of a uniform shop.

There's a uniform store in Sterling Place.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics