Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Noddles in a disposable pan? Saw it in Binah...

rneumann

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 6:55 am
Always looking for ways to get out of doing disheS...(3 kids under 4, pregnant, and TIRED). Anyways, I remember seeing in Binah about making pasta in the oven in a disposable pan? I didn't save it or see the exact instructions...
Anyone know how to do it?

challahchallah

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:18 am
You should be able to do any no-boil / baked pasta recipe in a disposable pan.

There are lots of recipes out there, but this one is particularly easy. You could of course add in extra items that sound good if you wanted something fancier.

http://www.food.com/recipe/eas.....93079

rneumann

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:33 am
challahchallah wrote:
You should be able to do any no-boil / baked pasta recipe in a disposable pan.

There are lots of recipes out there, but this one is particularly easy. You could of course add in extra items that sound good if you wanted something fancier.

http://www.food.com/recipe/eas.....93079

See the problem with this is all my wonderful picky eaters. One of my kids wont touch anything with sauce except pizza. So I'm talking cooking pasta in the oven without sauce. Like just plain old pasta with water in the oven that I can sprinkle some cheese on for Mr picky and quickly add some sauce n cheese for mr.s not so picky.

pingo

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:57 am
I cook nnoodles (and a lot more) in a disposable foil pan on the gas stove top.
No pots to wash

challahchallah

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:34 am
rneumann wrote:
See the problem with this is all my wonderful picky eaters. One of my kids wont touch anything with sauce except pizza. So I'm talking cooking pasta in the oven without sauce. Like just plain old pasta with water in the oven that I can sprinkle some cheese on for Mr picky and quickly add some sauce n cheese for mr.s not so picky.

I haven't done it but I'm sure you can. Have you tried just covering the noodles with water, covering the pan with foil and baking it? You might also want to add a little oil or butter so things don't stick.

Simple1

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:35 am
Didn't read Binah. But would this work?
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....83194

challahchallah

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:41 am
Also, I know this isn't exactly what you're asking, but plain cooked noodles do freeze quite well, so you could just make a big batch and microwave small portions in their bowls when you need it. I know freezer space is always tight though (at least for me)...

watergirl

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:55 am
I sometimes make baked ziti in a tin. Its very starchy, more "gooey" then regular - because you are not rinsing the pasta, and the starch stays in the pan. Even if you dont typically rinse pasta, at least you drain the water, and some starch goes out with it. I make this dish when I host myfamiyl chanukah party and its always a hit. But, if you are making baked ziti for a large crowd and want to make 4 9x13 pans at the same time (almost), here is how its done:

Put a box of ziti in a huge bowl. Add: a carton of cottage cheese (ricotta does not work for this, I think its not liquid-y enough). Half a bag of shredded cheese, and a whole jar of marinara sauce. Then, fill the jar half way with milk, and the other half with water. Add to mixture. Season to taste, mix, and pour into GREASED pan. Cover with more shredded cheese, and then cover TIGHTLY with lid. Bake at 350, covered for 45 mins, then uncover and bake for 15 more mins. Check pasta to see if its done.
PRO TIP - this sometimes overflows - put a foil lined cookie sheet at the bottom of the oven.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 12:04 pm
pingo wrote:
I cook nnoodles (and a lot more) in a disposable foil pan on the gas stove top.
No pots to wash

Oy, aluminum is leaking into your food! Disposable tins should not be used directly on top of fire.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 12:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Oy, aluminum is leaking into your food! Disposable tins should not be used directly on top of fire.

Nor should you use them to cook any foods containing nitrites or nitrates, things like pastrami, corned beef or deli.

esther malka

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 4:02 pm
Yes! One of the best tricks ever.
Pour 1 lb macaroni into foil pan. Add 4-5 cups boiling water. Cover with heavy duty foil or two layers of reg foil. Cut slits in too. Bake 1 hr. Enjoy!

animeme

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 6:23 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Nor should you use them to cook any foods containing nitrites or nitrates, things like pastrami, corned beef or deli.

What of the delivery never touches the pan, like in deli roll?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 6:47 pm
animeme wrote:
What of the delivery never touches the pan, like in deli roll?

If the roll leaks to the pan there is a chance that the nitrites/nitrates will react with the aluminum and produce aluminum nitrate/nitrite. If it vaporizes it could harm your eyes, or cause respiratory problems, it is toxic if ingested (I don't know the amounts.) It's a basic food safety rule to never to to expose nitrate/nitrate treated foods to reactive metals under any circumstances.

(I had no idea what a deli roll was until I joined here.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals