Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How does Prime Pantry work?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:22 pm
I'm trying to figure out how Prime Pantry works. If I get 5 prime pantry items, I get free shipping, but I see a $5.99 Prime Pantry charge. What is that?

Is it worth it to pay the prime pantry charge, in order to get the items? Will that charge go away if I buy more items?

TIA!

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:40 pm
There is a flat fee of 5.99 per box. Each item fills a percentage of the box so you can fill it up until you reach 100 percent.

You probably have a targeted promotion that the fee will be waived when you add 5 items. I get them once in a while.

nicole81

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:47 pm
They waive the fee only if you buy 5 items that fall under that promotion, not just any 5 items.

It's worth it to buy from Prime Pantry for certain items. You need to price compare. Also, if you have regular prime, they often offer a $5 credit towards pantry if you forego prime shipping and go for a slower option. Layering this with the free shipping and buying smartly is most definitely worth it.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:51 pm
Thank you!

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 2:54 pm
nicole81 wrote:
They waive the fee only if you buy 5 items that fall under that promotion, not just any 5 items.

It's worth it to buy from Prime Pantry for certain items. You need to price compare. Also, if you have regular prime, they often offer a $5 credit towards pantry if you forego prime shipping and go for a slower option. Layering this with the free shipping and buying smartly is most definitely worth it.

Lately they started giving me 1.99 video credits instead of the pantry credits. I think it's targeted I wonder how I can change them.

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 3:53 pm
I love Prime Pantry. I work it so that I don't have to pay any shipping. If you look through the items that qualify, there are generally some small things like a tiny bag of chips you can throw in.

They are offering you discounts based on algorithms so it would be almost impossible for you to alter what you are being enticed with unless you completely changed your shopping AND browsing patterns so the algorithm decided that other inducements would yield better results.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 4:01 pm
Thanks all! With your help I figured out how to do it, totally by ordering items I need anyway (mouthwash, detergent, another bottle of shampoo, etc...) Really good prices, and best of all, they will come to my door. No more shlepping bottles of detergent for me.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 7:05 pm
Just a note that the 5.99 prime pantry credits offered by waiving 2 day shipping are not stackable Sad I'd rather mp3 credits myself. I have gotten full albums that way.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 7:49 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Just a note that the 5.99 prime pantry credits offered by waiving 2 day shipping are not stackable Sad I'd rather mp3 credits myself. I have gotten full albums that way.

What do you mean?

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 7:53 pm
cnc wrote:
What do you mean?

She means that when you get the 1.00 credit for digital items, you can let them build up until you can buy something you really want and would have spent money on.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:02 pm
debsey wrote:
She means that when you get the 1.00 credit for digital items, you can let them build up until you can buy something you really want and would have spent money on.

I understand how codes are stackable. I don't understand what you mean when you say that the others are not stackable...

Are you saying that you won't get another prime pantry code until the previous one is used?

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:03 pm
No, it means you can't use two 5.99 credits for the same order.
Personally, I find the prices way higher than my local cvs when I shop sales/coupons. Plus with the shipping fee it is way too expensive as when I shop prime I need it yesterday so the 2 days is sometimes too long :-).

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:13 pm
I rarely ever shop Prime Pantry. Most of the items I can use I opt to get from subscribe and save. And if it's only available through Prime Pantry, I can buy it elsewhere on sale. The $5.99 fee is just not worth it to me. I'd rather use the $1 video/mp3 credit.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:01 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
No, it means you can't use two 5.99 credits for the same order.
Personally, I find the prices way higher than my local cvs when I shop sales/coupons. Plus with the shipping fee it is way too expensive as when I shop prime I need it yesterday so the 2 days is sometimes too long :-).

So why wouldn't you just make 2 separate orders?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:01 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I rarely ever shop Prime Pantry. Most of the items I can use I opt to get from subscribe and save. And if it's only available through Prime Pantry, I can buy it elsewhere on sale. The $5.99 fee is just not worth it to me. I'd rather use the $1 video/mp3 credit.

Exactly. I never bothered with Prime Pantry. Not worth it. Subscribe and Save is great, and I'm waiting to get the $1 mp3 credits again Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:03 pm
cnc wrote:
So why wouldn't you just make 2 separate orders?

Because you have to fill up a box each order. Which means you'll end up buying stuff you don't need/at a bad price point just to be able to utilize the credits.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 7:53 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Because you have to fill up a box each order. Which means you'll end up buying stuff you don't need/at a bad price point just to be able to utilize the credits.

The boxes don't need to be filled in order to ship.

cnc

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 8:21 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

You don't need to fill the box to checkout.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 10:43 pm
You don't?! I thought that is what it was telling me the one time I tried (35% full, add another 65% to complete the order). So I can get 1 $5 bottle of detergent or whatever with 5.99 shipping waived from a promo code?

cnc

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 10:55 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You don't?! I thought that is what it was telling me the one time I tried (35% full, add another 65% to complete the order). So I can get 1 $5 bottle of detergent or whatever with 5.99 shipping waived from a promo code?

I believe so..I've definitely checked out at 66% full. 2 cases of Nestle water bottles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics