Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
And now you have the rest of the story.
Previous  1  2

sweetart

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 3:48 pm
A very important detail that for some reason was left out of the yeshiva world article is that the insurance adjuster MISTAKENLY went to and photographed the WRONG building. He was supposed to have been at a building next door to BYDM. Therefore, the school administration had no idea who or why their building was being extensively photographed. They rightly called the authorities.

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 4:04 pm
Every insurance person came and introduced themselves to me before going on my property even to take outside pictures. In many cases, if they needed inside pictures, I was notified in advance.

I have a good friend who makes the phone calls for her husband who works for the insurance company notifying businesses and homeowners in advance there will be a person taking pictures.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 5:56 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
Are you suggesting that people not be concerned when they so random people talking pictures and then quickly driving off? Sure, usually it's nothing to worry about, but whats your point? If someone sees a knapsack unattended in an airport and security carefully gets to it and opens it and finds its empty. Now what? Next time don't report it?

I haven't suggested a darn thing. I merely posted the article because we'd had a previous thread about it and I thought people would be interested in how the story resolved.

5mom

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 3:07 pm
Of course the people who called the police did the right thing. Still, isn't it reassuring to know that it was an innocent mistake?

There are nervous types who hear about something like this and are confirmed in their belief that the world is full of terrible scary people. Knowing that someone could be taking pictures for a perfectly innocent reason restores a sense of calm. Having the facts is always best.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 8:42 pm
sweetart wrote:
A very important detail that for some reason was left out of the yeshiva world article is that the insurance adjuster MISTAKENLY went to and photographed the WRONG building. He was supposed to have been at a building next door to BYDM. Therefore, the school administration had no idea who or why their building was being extensively photographed. They rightly called the authorities.

That's fascinating. Where did you hear the photographer was at the wrong address?

sweetart

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 9:41 pm
The school sent out a letter to the parents which included this info.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 9:56 pm
sweetart wrote:
The school sent out a letter to the parents which included this info.

So how did the school know the photog was at the wrong building? Was he supposed to take pictures at another one of their buildings or a totally different address not belonging to this particular school?

Were you a parent who got one of the letters? Or did you hear about it from someone you know?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 10:30 pm
Fox wrote:
Everybody's right.

The insurance adjuster doesn't have time to locate and preemtively introduce himself to someone in authority in every business, school, or bodega in the vicinity.

I disagree. He can call in ahead of time and let them know he'll be outside taking photos on such and such a day at around so and so a time (or morning/afternoon/whatever).

I just had a call the other day from someone whose company is coming out to do inspections on a component of the school I work in. She left me a message to verify that X day in Y window of time is fine. We don't have to do anything, it was basically a courtesy call and I called back to confirm. That's all an adjuster has to do. Or a secretary. Call in advance and give forewarning. It doesn't have to be on the spot trying to find someone to let them know. It can be as they pull out from a previous location if it was a last minute thing. Seriously, 2 minutes to give forewarning.

sweetart

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 10:57 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
So how did the school know the photog was at the wrong building? Was he supposed to take pictures at another one of their buildings or a totally different address not belonging to this particular school?

Were you a parent who got one of the letters? Or did you hear about it from someone you know?

The police identified & tracked down the man caught on the surveillance cameras photographing the building. He said he is an insurance adjuster there taking pictures of a building for insurance purposes. The address he gave for the building he was supposed to photograph is next door to the school. It is not owned by the school. The police confirmed that the story he gave was true. I personally saw the letter sent home by the school.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 11:00 pm
sweetart wrote:
The police identified & tracked down the man caught on the surveillance cameras photographing the building. He said he is an insurance adjuster there taking pictures of a building for insurance purposes. The address he gave for the building he was supposed to photograph is next door to the school. It is not owned by the school. The police confirmed that the story he gave was true. I personally saw the letter sent home by the school.

Gosh and we've all been waiting for news on this. It's good to know that folks were on their toes and it was nothing nefarious.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics