Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Mima vs bugaboo buffalo

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:45 pm
I'm looking into these 2 strollers for my unborn baby...

I'd like to hear pros and cons of both, I love the look of both, so anything will help!

Thanks

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:08 pm
I had bugaboo twice and now the mima and I love both. I still have my bugaboo in perfect condition but I wanted a new look so I got the mima. I use both and I love both.

The mima is much prettier and so much easier to fold and open up and can be folded in one piece. With my bugaboo every time I went to the mall it took me ten Minutes to figure out how to open it up and then ten minutes if not more to reclose it.

I think mima is easier to use and definitely a fashion stroller.

What do you want it for? They are both great options as I love both of them.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
I had bugaboo twice and now the mima and I love both. I still have my bugaboo in perfect condition but I wanted a new look so I got the mima. I use both and I love both.

The mima is much prettier and so much easier to fold and open up and can be folded in one piece. With my bugaboo every time I went to the mall it took me ten Minutes to figure out how to open it up and then ten minutes if not more to reclose it.

I think mima is easier to use and definitely a fashion stroller.

What do you want it for? They are both great options as I love both of them.

Thanks so much,

I wanted it more for fashion/shabbos walks, as for quick shopping or going in and out of the car I would do the adapter for the car seat or the Doona. But the fact that it folds and opens easier and is more fashionable will def make me look more into the mima...

Thx again

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:33 pm
The bugaboo buffalo folds easily in one piece (the cameleon needs to be taken apart). I was also debating between these two strollers and ended up buying the buffalo in a gorgeous special edition. For me the deciding factors were the size of the basket and ease of pushing in the snow. The buffalo way outstrips the Mima on both counts.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:40 pm
The mima is the prettiest stroller out there and that's why I bought it.

The basket is tiny but honestly I have never used baskets so it doesn't make a difference to me. When I go shopping in malls I usually use mommy hooks so I didn't care.

I wanted a gorgeous stroller that if I go to a Bris or if I go away for pessch to a hotel or bungalow that it is beautiful.

Also the bugaboo everyone gets on gilt for $600 and I was sick of getting the special edition stroller but the average person assumes that you also got yours on gilt is anyone really looking that closely to see that my handle bars are special edition?

I love the mima and have no complaints on it at all.

Honestly I'm not pushing a stroller in the snow where am I going with a baby in the snow so I don't really care about that?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
The bugaboo buffalo folds easily in one piece (the cameleon needs to be taken apart). I was also debating between these two strollers and ended up buying the buffalo in a gorgeous special edition. For me the deciding factors were the size of the basket and ease of pushing in the snow. The buffalo way outstrips the Mima on both counts.

Thx for ur input now I'm even more undecided lol I do need to be able to push it in the snow, and I do usually use the basket, I've read old posts on here where some complained about the mima not being steady and needing repairs in the first year, and I did always like the bugaboo, but I do think the mima is pretty..... I guess I still have time to decide and read through all the reviews, but wondering if there's really anything to even think about, as I haven't heard anything bad about the bugaboo other than its "old" already....

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
Thx for ur input now I'm even more undecided lol I do need to be able to push it in the snow, and I do usually use the basket, I've read old posts on here where some complained about the mima not being steady and needing repairs in the first year, and I did always like the bugaboo, but I do think the mima is pretty..... I guess I still have time to decide and read through all the reviews, but wondering if there's really anything to even think about, as I haven't heard anything bad about the bugaboo other than its "old" already....

Uppababy vista is pretty great.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 11:36 pm
I'm not going to pretend I understand this strong desire to have a pretty stroller just for fashion shock . However, I do think I have the most gorgeous stroller that exists - the mutsy iGo. And hardly anyone has it. Just my opinion obviously Wink but Bar Rafeli just got one for her daughter so can't be too far wrong.

To me, the mima looks like a piece of plastic that fell off of a space ship, and so many people have it that it's just tacky.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 7:08 am
The mima is definitely a nice fashion piece however it is quite "junky".
By which I mean I know several (mor than 5!) people who had this and it broke on them - either the handlebar whilst going up steps or the wheel or the bassinet part itself.
Also for shopping and practicality, the basket is TINY and the bassinet is also not useful after 3 months unless you have a teeny baby. The seat too is small ish.

The buffalo is definitely a stronger piece.

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 7:15 am
These posts are hilarious. LOL
Why don't you just wheel your baby in a basket plastered with hundred dollar bills?

No one will assume that you may have chas vshalom gotten it on GILT, everyone will know the EXACT dollar value, and it's definitely unique enough that you''ll stick out when going to a hotel (and grocery shopping too for that matter)!

You can even make it into a special limited edition by coloring the handles.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 7:47 am
amother wrote:
I'm not going to pretend I understand this strong desire to have a pretty stroller just for fashion shock . However, I do think I have the most gorgeous stroller that exists - the mutsy iGo. And hardly anyone has it. Just my opinion obviously Wink but Bar Rafeli just got one for her daughter so can't be too far wrong.

To me, the mima looks like a piece of plastic that fell off of a space ship, and so many people have it that it's just tacky.

Love the sillouette of the mutsy! Does it come with a bassinet as well?

OP, where do you live? I didn't want to get the Mima when I lived in Israel, it seemed so unstable for the many hills and not smooth paths (like in the Old City of J-M!) I found the bugaboo much sturdier- it has air-filled tires. The buffalo is also quite large- if you live in a city, I don't see why you would need an all-terrain stroller. The camelian is more compact, though still large as well.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 8:00 am
The cameleon is pretty junky and handlebars aren't sturdy. If you want a stronger stroller then definitely get the buffalo.

Again my baby still fits into the mima bassinet so I don't know why you say it's only for a three month old.

I find on this site everyone always bashes the expensive stroller if you
Do a search on bugaboos from five years ago and people were saying it's more sturdy so they are spending the money they were knocked what a junky stroller the bugaboo is. Now that mima is more expensive suddenly bugaboo is allowed.

What held me back from buying the Mima is that this site everyone is writing how junky it is and that it keeps on falling apart again I decided not to listen to I bought it and I am so happy with it.
'I find it so much user friendly, thebhandlbars by bugaboos were always shaking and I complained and was told that that was how the bugaboo was and so far I love the mima. I find the quality to be very good, the position of the bassinet. Another thing I like is the bar around the bassinet is Easy to open and close the bugaboos was so difficult her I kept It off while using bassinet because it was too hard to open.

Mima has a basket but since I never use baskets in the first place I never ever used the basket yet.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 8:23 am
Op, everyone has different stroller needs. Don't just buy a stroller based on aesthetics. List your needs in order of priority and find the best match for your taste and budget. I'm the amother with the buffalo. I live in a very snowy city and do a lot of walking, so the buffalo was perfect for my needs. If you will be driving a lot and snow is not an issue, you might find the buffalo too large for your needs. Good Luck!

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 8:27 am
tigerwife wrote:
Love the sillouette of the mutsy! Does it come with a bassinet as well?

OP, where do you live? I didn't want to get the Mima when I lived in Israel, it seemed so unstable for the many hills and not smooth paths (like in the Old City of J-M!) I found the bugaboo much sturdier- it has air-filled tires. The buffalo is also quite large- if you live in a city, I don't see why you would need an all-terrain stroller. The camelian is more compact, though still large as well.

Yes it has a bassinet - even more gorgeous than the seat. And it's good quality too - you're not just paying for looks.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 2:18 pm
Op here,

I live in NY suburbs so I do need an all terrain stroller, as with hills and snow.....

I do want a sturdy stroller and a nice one, I'm not one who needs to have the latest fashion no matter the quality. Though I do want it to last. I wouldn't get a stroller so people see how much I spent on it, I live bargains, yet this baby is after a very long wait and we're very excited and want a nice stroller for a change, and a good quality one at that, which is why I'm asking opinions on here, and from all replies I'm starting to lean more towards the bugaboo buffalo as I don't mind the part that it's big, I'm not one who needs everything instantly, for in and out of the car I can get the adapter for a car seat or get the Doona. And yes I agree that the mima looks like a piece of plastic junk which is why I asked about it. But I see some do like it..... so I guess we'll continue listening to reviews LOL

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 2:46 pm
I've heard to many stories from people that own the Mima that it is super junky and not meant to go up stairs or anything like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics