Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help sleep train a 15 month old
Previous  1  2

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 4:57 pm
amother wrote:
No. Of course not.

Seriously. Those who are very against sleep training your child should not post on a thread looking for advice on sleep training your child.

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion actually...

mille

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion actually...

Sure, have your own opinion. But coming into a thread that is TITLED something to do with sleep training when you are AGAINST sleep training just to comment on how cruel the mother is...makes you a total, big jerk. Don't do that. Keep your opinion to yourself. You're allowed to have it, but you don't need to share it.

OP asked for advice on sleep training. If you think sleep training is cruel, don't do it. She didn't ask for advice on whether or not she SHOULD sleep train, but rather HOW to sleep train.

OP, the first week sucks. Just don't go in. Turn the sound off on the monitor. Put your husband on duty and go take a walk. Take a shower. Listen to music. She'll figure it out soon.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 5:56 pm
mille wrote:
Sure, have your own opinion. But coming into a thread that is TITLED something to do with sleep training when you are AGAINST sleep training just to comment on how cruel the mother is...makes you a total, big jerk. Don't do that. Keep your opinion to yourself. You're allowed to have it, but you don't need to share it.

OP asked for advice on sleep training. If you think sleep training is cruel, don't do it. She didn't ask for advice on whether or not she SHOULD sleep train, but rather HOW to sleep train.

OP, the first week sucks. Just don't go in. Turn the sound off on the monitor. Put your husband on duty and go take a walk. Take a shower. Listen to music. She'll figure it out soon.

Well, if you can call me a jerk, I'll give myself permission to say what I want to...

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 6:19 pm
OP...letting a kid cry it out isn't so simple..I did it with my oldest and very much regret it...You never really know if your baby needs you ( ear infection...dirty diaper...thirsty etc) and its very painful for all parties involved....If you have the patience and dont have the heart to let your baby cry read Elizabeth Pantleys book...its really super helpful and you will feel good that your baby is learning to sleep in a calm and loving way...( the way it ideally should be;)..hope your baby sleeps through the night soon! hugs!!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 7:24 pm
I beleive in sleep training without letting the baby cry that long it took a bit longer but this teaches baby I am there for herand didnt abandon her. first baby had a bedtime routine I sang her a song and placed her in the bed I told her this is your pacifiers and blanket she right away started crying but I repeated it staying near by. after two-three nights I sat in her room but not next to her and then I stayed outside the room folding laundry or if it was in middle of the night just sitting there. but not interacting with her. this lasted the longest she did not cry for more than a few minutes the first night or two but was mostly only upset if I left her from my position (which I tried once and saw she still needed me in the room) she trusted me to be there and than that was the end of it. also make sure she is well fed and is not being put to bed to early. **You can't compare a baby who has no concept of time and relys completely on his parent for his every need to a educated adult with life experience waiting for moshiach

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 6:54 am
if she fell asleep after 1.5 hours, she probably fell asleep from exhaustion no lessons learned there.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 1:27 pm
OP Here;
so much negativity here!
Take it elsewhere please.
So here's the results so far:
first night 1.5 hours
second 20 minutes
last night (3rd ) she cried for 2 minutes!

She woke in the middle of the night, I went in to give her a paci and realized she had a dirty diaper, which I immediately changed, and put her back in. She cried for a few minutes and went to sleep.

No, I am not neglecting her needs. I check to make sure she is safe and clean. Raising a child who needs to be lied with for hours on end to fall asleep, is not on my agenda. If you have a problem with that, you are more than welcomed to come here and lie with her.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:
I beleive in sleep training without letting the baby cry that long it took a bit longer but this teaches baby I am there for herand didnt abandon her. first baby had a bedtime routine I sang her a song and placed her in the bed I told her this is your pacifiers and blanket she right away started crying but I repeated it staying near by. after two-three nights I sat in her room but not next to her and then I stayed outside the room folding laundry or if it was in middle of the night just sitting there. but not interacting with her. this lasted the longest she did not cry for more than a few minutes the first night or two but was mostly only upset if I left her from my position (which I tried once and saw she still needed me in the room) she trusted me to be there and than that was the end of it. also make sure she is well fed and is not being put to bed to early. **You can't compare a baby who has no concept of time and relys completely on his parent for his every need to a educated adult with life experience waiting for moshiach

How does your baby know you are right outside her room?! I am close by too, not like I'm driving across town while she cries it out. And yes, she is well fed and it was after 8.30pm and she took one 2 hour nap, and was exhausted.

ohmygosh

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 2:12 pm
amother wrote:
OP Here;
so much negativity here!
Take it elsewhere please.
So here's the results so far:
first night 1.5 hours
second 20 minutes
last night (3rd ) she cried for 2 minutes!

She woke in the middle of the night, I went in to give her a paci and realized she had a dirty diaper, which I immediately changed, and put her back in. She cried for a few minutes and went to sleep.

No, I am not neglecting her needs. I check to make sure she is safe and clean. Raising a child who needs to be lied with for hours on end to fall asleep, is not on my agenda. If you have a problem with that, you are more than welcomed to come here and lie with her.

Good job!

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 2:42 pm
Good job op!
Isn't it amazing how fast it works?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics