Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Submitting resumes in person

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 11:52 am
I'm used to submitting resumes by email. I am wondering if submitting in person is done these days and if it is likely to help me. If so, does anyone have tips for doing this effectively? Obviously I should be put together and all, I mean advice on how to walk in and say hi I'd like to give my resume to the appropriate person in case there are any openings for xyz.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 2:52 pm
This is pretty much unheard of in todays world. It's more cost effective to receive online applications and then pick the top few to interview.

tichellady

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 2:55 pm
I have found the best way to submit a resume is to get it to someone you know at the company via email and ask them to submit it. "know" can be very loose, it can be a friend of a friend or someone who went to the same college as you or someone you are connected to on linkedin

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 3:22 pm
So far the people I know haven't been that helpful. It doesn't sound like this will help me. I guess I'll keep on plugging.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 3:39 pm
I work in the administrative department. I have to say that we DO look at the résumés then we call the person back if it looks like a good candidate then we meet you person and decide. Coming down for an interview doesnt guarantee you a job. Because there are many variables involved in the decision.

mille

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 5:46 pm
Unless you know that it is specifically desired at a certain organization, don't. At my organization we will straight up turn you away and ask you to apply online. We have hundreds of job openings, we don't have time to meet with individuals about their resume without even knowing if they will be a good fit for any of our vacancies. I just don't want you to waste your time by doing so. Your best bet is to submit resumes online with a succinct but well written cover letter.

essie14

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 12:41 am
I can't imagine any profession nowadays that would want a paper resume. As a hiring manager, I would actually throw a paper resume in the trash. No one does this in 2016.
Granted, I work in the high-tech field, so it shows a huge lack of professionalism and cluelessness in my industry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics