Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you leave cleaning lady in your house if you are at work?

MMCH

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 7:12 pm
trying to figure out...

Im kinda desperate and thinking about leaving a NEW cleaning lady (I would let her in and then leave like 30 minutes later) in my house while I go to work.
my dh is really uncomfortable and I think deep down I am also (I am just that desperate! )

Im trying to find someone to come on Sunday or Fridays the 2 days im home, but its impossible!!!

cleaning services seem to be really really expensive (I saw one $145 for 4.5 hours!!!!!)

what do you do???

newface34

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 7:23 pm
Nooooooo!! Its not smart. Even more so cuz she's new. Even someone who you've used I would never let them know exactly how long I'm stepping out for.... listen to your gut and your husband. Try and figure something else out... keep looking for the Sunday and Friday person.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 7:25 pm
If she's referred to me by someone I know who leaves her alone, then yes.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 7:40 pm
I've only used people that were referred to me by friends or family. I have left my ladies alone, but these women worked for my DH's siblings for a long time and we were comfortable. Otherwise I had cleaning help arrive at my door along with me when I got home from work and they were willing to work until 9 pm. I served them dinner.

iriska_meller

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 7:57 pm
Wouldn't do this with a new person. And all my nannies and cleaning ladies were always informed I have cameras in the house.

pizza4

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 8:22 pm
Don't. I did that once and she locked all the locks on my door. So I had trouble getting in. And something disappeared from my kitchen, too.
What about when you get home from work?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 8:35 pm
My cleaning lady has my combination and comes and goes as she pleases. However, I would train a new lady in for a few weeks to see how trustworthy I find her. If she passes my standards, then I would leave her alone.

L K

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 8:48 pm
iriska_meller wrote:
Wouldn't do this with a new person. And all my nannies and cleaning ladies were always informed I have cameras in the house.

How do you install cameras in the house- the single ones or a whole system? Or did your house already come with them? Trying to figure out a solution now

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 8:54 pm
With good references, sure. W/o, no way.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 8:56 pm
Cameras are not particularly useful. I mean, yes, you will see if she is stealing from you or sitting around wasting time, etc. But I have found from personal experience that for small crimes (say she pockets some money from your dresser for example) the police are not going after her. We had clear footage of 2 teens breaking into our car. Police did nothing with the video we sent them. So, yeah, you can use a camera to know what's going on at home but if she were to totally clean you out don't expect the police will hunt her down just because you have it on video.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 9:25 pm
Dont' she will make your kitchen trief. So many times I have heard stories of nannies cooking in their hosts kitchen and bringing their food and "just warming it up" and that's the reason that many people don't eat in other people houses only if they know them personally. Never leave them alone for a minute. Your kashrut is more important then anything else. It's your nemanus that keeps others thinking your food in your house is kosher. That's what cheskas kashrut means. We trust you, till something like this comes up. Then I lose trust. Even in food establishments, these stories have been told again and again. Even in the frum east of places. I'm not saying don't trust. I'm saying your better off not leaving them in your house! Please for your peace of mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry