Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Fish kirschenbaum guide to wedding management
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

nachasmom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 7:55 pm
I agree. It is probably a nightmare.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 7:59 pm
nachasmom wrote:
I agree. It is probably a nightmare.

That's what I wanted to think but there were too many realistic details. Nightmares should be more surreal. I mean, Estie showed up, exchanged warm feelings with Fish, and explained that she had booked a babysitter a week in advance. That doesn't sound like dream material! I don't know WHAT's going on but author is playing mind games with us and I do not appreciate Exploding anger

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 8:33 pm
You don't spend three weeks describing a nightmare. This is ridiculous. The FBI doesn't gatecrash weddings over duck sauce!

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 8:56 pm
chocolate fondue wrote:
You don't spend three weeks describing a nightmare. This is ridiculous. The FBI doesn't gatecrash weddings over duck sauce!

Yeah that ^
The details, plus the time - if it were a nightmare it should have ended half a chapter ago, at least. So I'm not very optimistic about that.

About the duck sauce, I suspected foul play a few weeks ago, but after the kids found it in the janitor's closet I thought that was the end of that. I guess that was a red herring.

Sigh. There goes a nice normal story about nice normal people. I have a feeling this is going to be epic, but I was such a fan of the very different style it had been all along that I'm still disappointed we don't get to see what a normal ending would have looked like.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:00 pm
I'll chime in. I love the craziness. I don't think it's over the top at all and after so much drama in emotions and thought processes, I welcome the action.

Did you really think the Holtz wedding would be anticlimactic??

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:05 pm
I was expecting some sort of disaster but this is just sooooo overdone. Week before last when the police and FBI came in I thought aha, here it comes. But the whole string of disasters after that is just beyond (attacking the chosson? The chocolate fountain AND the fires/sprinklers? And what else was there...??) And that's all without even the fireworks going off yet. I've been expecting a fireworks fiasco ever since they were ordered.

mango

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:28 pm
seeker wrote:
I was expecting some sort of disaster but this is just sooooo overdone. Week before last when the police and FBI came in I thought aha, here it comes. But the whole string of disasters after that is just beyond (attacking the chosson? The chocolate fountain AND the fires/sprinklers? And what else was there...??) And that's all without even the fireworks going off yet. I've been expecting a fireworks fiasco ever since they were ordered.

Yes I was thinking the same re the fireworks!

I keep meaning to go back to the issue where he went to sleep the night before and woke up and went to work to see if I can catch any place where we might have missed (knowing how well she writes probably so subtle) that he didn't really wake up but keep forgetting to do it only remember when I don't have the time...

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 9:36 pm
mango wrote:
Yes I was thinking the same re the fireworks!

I keep meaning to go back to the issue where he went to sleep the night before and woke up and went to work to see if I can catch any place where we might have missed (knowing how well she writes probably so subtle) that he didn't really wake up but keep forgetting to do it only remember when I don't have the time...

He totally woke up and went to work. Picked up his suit from the cleaner and couldn't hang it on his hook because Blum and Zimmerman brought dresses too. Etc etc... unless he suddenly dozed off or started hallucinating in middle of the biggest event of his career, this is the real thing.

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 5:05 am
There's something about this story that doesn't make sense to me. This Holtz wedding is taking place on the last day before their deadline, right? So do they have any other weddings lined up? What have they been telling people who have wanted to book weddings? Something about this story doesn't make sense.

Also, I've been sorting out my old Binah magazines (for Pesach, you know). We were talking about this Holtz wedding a year ago!

pause

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 2:24 pm
Nu, did anyone read it yet? I read the last two installments one right after the next (I get them recycled), so I had the benefit of the clim@x split only into two and not three. I'm really curious what happened.

cbsp

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 2:32 pm
pause wrote:
Nu, did anyone read it yet? I read the last two installments one right after the next (I get them recycled), so I had the benefit of the clim@x split only into two and not three. I'm really curious what happened.

I did read it. No spoilers but I'll quote two snippets ...

"If this was a nightmare, I'd like to wake up soon. Please? "

<snip>

"Nope. Not a nightmare. No nightmare would be this - this - farcical."

Very Happy

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 6:34 pm
Nothing to spoil, there was literally no added plot movement this week Sad
One very disappointed former fan here!!! Second week in a row of no movement! Just the same sorry scene dragging on page after page after page after week after... ARGH!

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 6:36 pm
chocolate fondue wrote:
There's something about this story that doesn't make sense to me. This Holtz wedding is taking place on the last day before their deadline, right? So do they have any other weddings lined up? What have they been telling people who have wanted to book weddings? Something about this story doesn't make sense.

Holtz wedding was judgment day, not closing day. Right after the wedding is when Silver was going to have to decide whether or not to keep the hall. If he decided no, they would still have the last few weddings before demolishing the place.

rise above

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 6:46 pm
seeker wrote:
Nothing to spoil, there was literally no added plot movement this week Sad
One very disappointed former fan here!!! Second week in a row of no movement! Just the same sorry scene dragging on page after page after page after week after... ARGH!

100% agree. I couldn't even bring myself to read every word. Just skimmed.

Very disappointed !

cbsp

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 6:49 pm
rise above wrote:
100% agree. I couldn't even bring myself to read every word. Just skimmed.

Very disappointed !

Ahhh, don't skim, you totally missed stuff.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 6:54 pm
Yeah don't skim. There are details that will be important later. But nothing happening NOW.

mango

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:30 pm
Yep disappointed here too... no movement... just more questions... I mean I knew that something was gonna have to happen at the wedding but all this? It's too much.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:40 pm
I'll tell you what's too much: FOUR WEEKS is too much. New rule: as much melodrama as you want as long as it all prints the same week! think my count is off? No: Week 1 - cliffhanger with FBI bursting in. Week 2 - string of catastrophes inside the hall resulting in everyone evacuating in a mess. Week 3, this week - continuing this drama outside the hall without anything new actually happening. Week 4 is next week and will have to continue the same drama scene because it has not yet even approached any resolution. That's a MONTH of reading-waiting-reading-waiting-reading-waiting to cover approximately a half-hour of action. clim@x shmimax, get rolling with it. I can't believe it's only Monday and we have to wait another whole week to find out whether we are going to finally get some movement.

SYA

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:46 pm
Did you all read the last paragraph this week?
The plot thickens... Look at what's happening to David, Fish and Jack.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:48 pm
Meh. That could have just as easily happened at the BEGINNING of this week and then let something actually happen. The only thing that's "happening" to them so far is that the stage is being set for something to "happen" next week, maybe, if we don't get sidetracked by more histrionics first.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room