Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Tipping a therapist

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 2:21 pm
I have a physical therapist seeing my 15th month old now for a few months........should I tip her for Chanukah? or get a gift? and if a tip how much is normal?........any therapist out there have advice?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
I have a physical therapist seeing my 15th month old now for a few months........should I tip her for Chanukah? or get a gift? and if a tip how much is normal?........any therapist out there have advice?

I work in special education field. Therapist usually get money 15-50$, chocolate , I have seen many creams/lotions or gift cards & it a nice gesture. Especially if you saw improvement in your child development.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 2:35 pm
thanks ok will do so! I did see improvement and im very happy with her the way she works with me and everything so will do something....

12rivkyk34

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 11:44 pm
Anything is appreciated it's really the thought that counts.
If it's money or a gift card 15-20 is appropriate but can be anything from a music cd to lotions, a nice bowl...and the card always means a lot too Smile

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 19 2016, 11:48 pm
12rivkyk34 wrote:
Anything is appreciated it's really the thought that counts.
If it's money or a gift card 15-20 is appropriate but can be anything from a music cd to lotions, a nice bowl...and the card always means a lot too Smile

You mentioned cards. I have to say I have a wall full of Thank you cards from parents & when I feel down I just look at that wall. Good self esteem boost....

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 12:48 am
I am an Special Instructor for early intervention (SI EI) and have gotten tips and gifts from some parents, not all. The card is really the part I appreciate the most, so if you decide not to give a gift, then please give a card! You can have your child color it Smile write some thing nice -specific praise is always very appreciated!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 8:34 am
I do SETSS. What I appreciate most is a card. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

amother
White

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 8:51 am
They're not allowed.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
They're not allowed.

what isn't allowed? and why?

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
They're not allowed.

This varies by agency.

debsey

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 11:43 am
I think a gift card is classier than a "tip". She's not a waitress, she's someone who invested time and effort into your child's development. I usually give an Amazon gift card in a pretty envelope and write something heartfelt.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 11:55 am
amother wrote:
They're not allowed.

You may be reffering to therapists that you have through the DOE as in when a child is in a public school program. The agencies that I work for do not have a problem with gifts. (Early intervention)

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:02 am
debsey wrote:
I think a gift card is classier than a "tip". She's not a waitress, she's someone who invested time and effort into your child's development. I usually give an Amazon gift card in a pretty envelope and write something heartfelt.

So is it really tacky to just put cash into a pretty envelope with a card? I'd love to give DD's OT something for Chanukah, and not sure she would like an Amazon gift card...don't want to do the Lakewood registry either, as it's rather limiting.

cnc

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:13 am
I give non Jewish therapists an Amazon gift card and Jewish therapists cash or a gift card to a Judaic store. I've heard from friends that are therapists that they would rather get cash. But on the other hand I had one therapist tell me that she was so appreciative because she bought a book/ cd set (with the Judaic gift card )that her kids really wanted but she wouldn't have splurged on it herself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics