Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What Masters Degree

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 6:39 am
Hi everyone!
Need some advice. I have a bachelors in liberal arts and am looking to see if I should continue to a masters since I have time and money now. Question is.... does anyone have any ideas for me of what I should do?! Online degree if possible and a good job at the end.

Any ideas??? All welcome! Thank you!

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 6:48 am
What is it you like?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 7:04 am
I'm really open to anything. I have worked with kids, could go for that or do something totally different

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 7:06 am
Do you like numbers? Do you like counseling people? Do you like science? Do you like analyzing?

The range is so broad. What is your goals with the degree?

ora_43

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 7:30 am
Your post is impossibly vague, OP.

What's a "good job"? What hours, what salary, what region of the world are you in?

And you must have some likes and dislikes. Or are you saying you'd be equally open to working alone from home doing graphic design, working with people one-on-one as a therapist, or teaching a class of 30 high schoolers?

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 7:42 am
ora_43 wrote:
Your post is impossibly vague, OP.

What's a "good job"? What hours, what salary, what region of the world are you in?

And you must have some likes and dislikes. Or are you saying you'd be equally open to working alone from home doing graphic design, working with people one-on-one as a therapist, or teaching a class of 30 high schoolers?

You can Google highest paid professional degrees. But are you asking which degrees are most compatible with motherhood?

I took my degrees because of the salary potential; in hindsight, I would have choosen a profession more compatible with my other roles in life.

cnc

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 9:26 am
Squishy wrote:
You can Google highest paid professional degrees. But are you asking which degrees are most compatible with motherhood?

I took my degrees because of the salary potential; in hindsight, I would have choosen a profession more compatible with my other roles in life.

Good point. I started going to school for something that had a relatively high income but a couple of years in I realized that the schooling (forget about the job itself!) is totally not compatible with my lifestyle. I ended up switching my major but my original plan is still on my bucket list- perhaps when all of my kids are married IMH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics