Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
No-name cake decorating supplies?

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 9:31 pm
Wilton seems to be the be-all and end-all for cake decorating but I'm curious if there's really such a qualitative difference. I'm eyeing this https://www.amazon.com/33-Piec.....RNCT8 which seems far more cost-effective... I'd really rather pick out the tips I want myself but besides not even being so sure, it would end up also being much more expensive. This is not a hobby I want to spend much on because I don't decorate cakes often, but it is one that I enjoy seriously so if I'm going to buy supplies I want them to work well enough to not frustrate me.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 9:43 pm
That looks like an excellent buy. I use about 9 tips on a regular baisis but am not into cake decorating. After you use up the bags you can always switch to baggies or even parchment.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 10:01 pm
they don't look like cheap plastic ... they seem pretty close to the wilton ones ~ enjoy 🎂

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 10:56 pm
There are actually like a zillion almost-identical looking things on Amazon in the same price range give or take a dollar... wondering why everyone is so into Wilton, though.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:18 pm
I don't know anything about this set, but Wilton is not the best. They just seem to be the "go to". Ateco and pme are far better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars