Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Considering making Aliya
1  2  Next

Malka Shifra

Post Sat, Dec 24 2016, 10:33 pm
My husband and myself are really wanting to move to Israel and making Aliyah. I am looking for info on Montessori school that are English. I'm a lead teacher of a primary age (3-6) any advice? We are currently working on our Hebrew. Also does anyone who made Aliyah through Nefesh B Nefesh can share your experiences with them?

We're just looking for basic information how this works. We really want to make Israel our permanent home. We are currently living in Houston, Tx. Thank you in advance for any help or advice. Chag Sameach!

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Dec 24 2016, 10:53 pm
I went with nbn & I was Baruch Hashem very happy

Malka Shifra

Post Sat, Dec 24 2016, 11:38 pm
How long was the process for you, I know it can very from person to person. I just need an average how long it takes in a normal situation.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 1:37 am
Anyone who has made Aliyah in the past ten years has done it through NBN Smile
It really depends on your circumstances.
I opened my application in late August, was approved by thanksgiving and I think I could have made Aliyah as soon as January if I wanted to.
I know other people for whom the application process was more complicated.
There's no harm or obligation to opening your tik Aliyah. Do it now, get approved and you can make Aliyah in 5 years.
I have many friends who did that -- they were waiting on all different outside factors (ex-spouse agreeing or a job related issue). They were basically all ready to go from the paperwork standpoint and then when the moment became available NBN booked their flight.
Welcome!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 5:00 am
we made aliyah this past july with NBN, and the process went very smoothly. NBN are experts at they do! we had to do it very fast- like 2 months start to finish- because DH got a job offer we couldnt pass up. Its mostly filling out and scanning in paperwork and documents. Then you have to meet with the Jewish Agency, and thats pretty much it. We went on the charter flight, and that was really amazing. NBN continues to help us now with any issues that come up. Super thankful for them!

ProudMommie

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 5:56 am
We also made aliyah through NBN. Everything is very organized so no worries. Don't wait too long, just come home. Hshem will help with everything.Smile Chanukah Sameach!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 6:54 am
This is the only thing I found when searching for montessori school in israel. And no, it is not in english, but many of the families that send there are anglo

http://www.derechhayeled.co.il/

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 7:28 am
I Have heard that in ramat eshkol they have a montessori style school/gan that is English speaking. See if u could find any info abt that...

Malka Shifra

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:03 am
Wow! You all are amazing, thank you for the positive response. So warming and loving you all are. We are so eager to move quickly. Just a tad worried about a job. Nbn is a wonderful agency for what I hear, just a tad worried showing up with no job. I am open to suggestion for other areas of work, but truly, my heart is in teaching children. Thank you Shabbatiscoming for Thant link, I will look into it.

Wow, nbn IS quick in their process. I was told that it's not really up to them to approve for Aliya but it's the courts. Not sure what that means but I've been told this. Nbn just does the paper work and puts all in order. WOuld love more info on this if anyone knows. Thanks!!!!

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 10:09 am
Malka Shifra wrote:
Wow! You all are amazing, thank you for the positive response. So warming and loving you all are. We are so eager to move quickly. Just a tad worried about a job. Nbn is a wonderful agency for what I hear, just a tad worried showing up with no job. I am open to suggestion for other areas of work, but truly, my heart is in teaching children. Thank you Shabbatiscoming for Thant link, I will look into it.

Wow, nbn IS quick in their process. I was told that it's not really up to them to approve for Aliya but it's the courts. Not sure what that means but I've been told this. Nbn just does the paper work and puts all in order. WOuld love more info on this if anyone knows. Thanks!!!!

There's no courts. The Jewish Agency approves your aliyah. NBN forwards all your documents to the Jewish Agency. After approval you go to the Israeli consulate in NYC, DC or whatever city is closest to you and you get your Aliyah visa.

Malka Shifra

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 10:26 am
Ah!! Thank you for that tip!! Good to know :-)

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 11:46 am
While you are looking for your dream job, you can open up an English speaking gan (preschool or daycare). People are ALWAYS looking for English speaking child care. Some people are Anglos, and others are Ivrit speakers who want their kids to get an early start on being bilingual. I think you could be successful in that no matter where you go.

Are you considering the "Go North" program? They offer extra incentives and help for people who settle in the northern part of Israel. If it doesn't work out for you, you only have to commit to being here for 3 years, and then you can move anywhere you like.

achayl

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 12:26 pm
We are in the process of this now. We've uploaded all the documents. (there's a lot to keep track of...) We meet with the Jewish Agency in the next 2 weeks.

We are doing the "go north'. My husband and I were just there and fell in love with the beautiful countryside.

Feel free to PM me, as we'll be at the same stage of this journey....

Malka Shifra

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 1:41 pm
Not sure how to pm, new to this site. 😂

enter

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 6:25 pm
amother wrote:
I Have heard that in ramat eshkol they have a montessori style school/gan that is English speaking. See if u could find any info abt that...

This is the email address of the woman that is in charge of the Montessori Gan: malkagreenblatt@gmail.com. Perhaps she can help you out either with a job, or with information about starting up a Montessori Gan (if you plan on living in a different area).

Regarding Nefesh B'Nefesh, they are amazing, plus, they have a wealth of information on their website nbn.org.il, and, they are a great source of help in answering every aspect of living in Israel, months, even years, after you've made Aliyah with them.

Talk to them regarding jobs, plus your question in particular. They have someone there just for job guidance. Plus, they have a job board nbn.org.il/jobboard/ where jobs are available.

Good luck

Malka Shifra

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 10:56 pm
Thank you enetr for all that info.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 12:20 pm
hi malka shifra Smile
I made aliyah with NBN also. and I needed it to be done quick (but I came as a kallah and I was single so it wasnt as much paperwork as a couple or famliy etc.)
within 2 months I was in israel already BH approved by the jewish agency and everything.
NBN was amzaing. their website is FULL of info and they have many people working for them in many different feilds so you can ask their advice, they are very helpful.
do you know where you want to move? many cities (other than Jerusalem and ramat beit shemesh) have wonderful anglo communities that are very toghether because of them being 'chutznik' (a term you should learn already meaning out-of-towners)
I lived in jerusalem, a dream come true, but very expensive for us so we decided to move to the north and we lived in karmiel for a while. we REALLY ENJOYED IT there, its so beautiful, much easier financially (rent, gan, grocery shopping, even taxis were cheaper)
but it is far from central Israel like a 2 hr drive. but while ur living there you don't notice it because you have yor frieds, your community, your job etc.

behatzlacha in everything!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 4:40 pm
I strongly recommend a pilot trip to look at communities, housing, schools, etc. Nefesh b'Nefesh can help you with that too.

Malka Shifra

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:33 pm
Thank you amather. Yes we are looking into different areas. And the pilot trip would be wise. I am also hoping our papers go through quickly as well. I don't want to sign another school year contract. I'm hoping things work out speedily in our favor.

I have been checking their website, and yes it's full of info. Great resource. I'm also looking into their Facebook page and getting feed back from people telling me how wonderful their experience was with NBN. :-D so glad to hear this.

Malka Shifra

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:58 pm
amother, the pilot trip to Israel, how much do NBN pay for the trip?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions