Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the meaning
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 4:05 am
the general was to sleep with all virgin women before their wedding ... most hid their marriage celebrations ... however, yehudis was from a priestly family & was about to marry a cohen ... to defile her would ruin the 'shidduch' and the marriage couldn't be done quietly ... therefore she connived this brilliant idea ~ get to the general who is expecting her & off with his head

as for yael who lived years before & story is in shoftim - did something similar by serving warm milk to the general sisera, lulled him to sleep and pounded a tent spoke into his head, I do believe she was a widow ... this also was a victorious win for which she was compared to the imahos

cinnamon

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 5:25 am
I learnt a shiur about Yehidis and Yael in highschool. I don't remember it that well but the gist of it (or at least what I took away from it) was that even in a very bad situation you can still use whatever talent Hashem gave you to make things better for you and for everyone around you.
And that as women, wives and mothers we have a special chochma to do this.

I don't know if there is any meforshim that back up this lesson but I think it's not half bad and fits with the stories pretty well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics