Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How much did you tip your sons rebbe?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 11:41 am
This chanukah, and what grade?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 11:47 am
$50-100 , $150 for a trouble maker

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 11:53 am
$20

Think this is going to be one of the "it varies greatly by location" kind of answer.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 1:31 pm
$100 ,grade 6 ,Lakewood

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 1:36 pm
$100 per rebbi grade 1 and 6.
$18 per English teacher.
Lakewood

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
$100 per rebbi grade 1 and 6.
$18 per English teacher.
Lakewood

Just curious... why does the rebbe get $100 and the english teacher $18?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 2:04 pm
Rebbeim are in school from 740 until 3 with my son while an English teacher has a 45 min period ...

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
Just curious... why does the rebbe get $100 and the english teacher $18?

I'm not that poster, but maybe because in some schools the Rebbe teaches for six or seven hours a day and the English teacher teaches for one or two hours a day.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 2:08 pm
amother wrote:
Rebbeim are in school from 740 until 3 with my son while an English teacher has a 45 min period ...

Ok, that makes sense. My kids have their day split 50/50 and I forgot many schools don't operate that way.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 2:53 pm
For those who give $100 for chanukah, do you also give/plan to give $ for Purim?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 3:04 pm
Yes I will probably also give $100 for purim. Also already gave $100 in begining of school year and an $80 baby gift. Not rich at all but feel it's important to be thankful to the Rebbe. It also helps that he will be more responsive if I ever need anything.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 3:27 pm
Wow that's really generous of you! Do any other posters tip similarly, twice a yr?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 3:44 pm
1st grade

I usually tip 150 for Chanukah
100 for Purim with a nice wine

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
Wow that's really generous of you! Do any other posters tip similarly, twice a yr?

Yes. I am also in Lakewood and regular middle class. I am a school based therapist and see how important it is to show appreciation. I know that I subconsciously put in more effort with students that have given even a nice card. The rabbeim work really hard and I feel that it is money well spent. It is an investment for my sons.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I will probably also give $100 for purim. Also already gave $100 in begining of school year and an $80 baby gift. Not rich at all but feel it's important to be thankful to the Rebbe. It also helps that he will be more responsive if I ever need anything.

Do you feel the same about Morahs?

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. I am also in Lakewood and regular middle class. I am a school based therapist and see how important it is to show appreciation. I know that I subconsciously put in more effort with students that have given even a nice card. The rabbeim work really hard and I feel that it is money well spent. It is an investment for my sons.

Interesting. I don't give as an bribe of sorts, but just to say thanks. Cuz I feel like saying thanks for being a nice Rebbe.

You don't stand out when you gift your kids Rebbe, cuz just about everyone else is doing the same thing. Basically everyone gives, it's not like your kid will get special attention as a result of your gift.

I give a note with my cash gift expressing my appreciation.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 4:40 pm
I try to by divide the cash between Rebbe and Morah a bit more evenly than what is recommended (because the many fake reasons given for why Rebbe gets more are just fake). I still give Rebbe more than Morah though, but not with such an extreme gap.

Tongue Out

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 4:51 pm
gold21 wrote:
I try to by divide the cash between Rebbe and Morah a bit more evenly than what is recommended (because the many fake reasons given for why Rebbe gets more are just fake). I still give Rebbe more than Morah though, but not with such an extreme gap.

Tongue Out

Why the contradiction?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 4:53 pm
Maybe this is for a spin-off, but what are the total tips that you give for school personnel, including bus drivers, therapists, etc?

Altogether I end up spending around $350 total, although I only ("only"!) give $36 to Rebbeim, grades 1-8

Eta. I also include a handwritten note to teachers, but not to everyone or that would come out to over 15 people. (Or maybe I'm just being lazy ??)

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe this is for a spin-off, but what are the total tips that you give for school personnel, including bus drivers, therapists, etc?

Altogether I end up spending around $350 total, although I only ("only"!) give $36 to Rebbeim, grades 1-8

Bus driver. Bus rebbe, therapist -25 each
Rebbe-150
teacher-joint gift 25
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics