Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My kids are so annoying.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 7:16 pm
Anyone else find their school-aged kids excruciatingly annoying? I was great with them when they were babies and toddlers, but now I find them to be noisy and clingy and irritating and I wish they'd be quiet once in awhile. I love them of course, but can only seem to handle small doses. Early elementary age. I don't want any more because I've honestly had it with the noise and the neediness.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 8:16 pm
Lots of moms have favorite ages and stages. Some love newborns, some prefer school aged, some love teenagers. No matter what, every stage is temporary. Hang in there.

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:13 pm
I love my kids, but I was annoyed at them today and had to open up this thread. Let's just say that two of them got into a big fight, I (literally) stepped in to intervene, and let's just say that one of my kids (by mistake) slammed the door on my foot. Happy times. Silly

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 9:18 pm
I notice my kids annoyingness most at bedtime. The rest of the time they are probably just as annoying but I have more energy so I overlook the annoyingness and focus on the fact that they're also pretty cute and I really love them. But once the clock strikes 8 I've had it. Nice mommy retires. Crabby mommy takes her shift.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 10:09 pm
Just wait until they are teenagers!
My sweet children turned into hormonal teens with outbursts and know it all attitudes. It's lovely. I'm just doing deep breathing and keep reminding myself that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 12:34 am
My 4 and 7 year olds are already teenagers. They have opinions [negative, of course] on my clothes, the music I listen to, my singing in the car, my taste in books... they've already said "I hate you!" more times than I can count... my 7 year old won't let anyone wash or comb his hair (once a week I hold him down like bathing an angry cat) and hates to change his underwear... they're both skilled at eye-rolling and aggressive sighing....

I don't think I'll survive another decade of this Sad

Seas

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
Anyone else find their school-aged kids excruciatingly annoying? I was great with them when they were babies and toddlers, but now I find them to be noisy and clingy and irritating and I wish they'd be quiet once in awhile. I love them of course, but can only seem to handle small doses. Early elementary age. I don't want any more because I've honestly had it with the noise and the neediness.

At least you know to appreciate their teachers.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 11:20 am
Seas wrote:

Boy do I appreciate teachers. Mainly because I briefly was one until I realized that I didn't really like other people's kids all that much and the salary they paid me wasn't nearly enough to pretend that I did. I have the highest respect for teachers.

Roots

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 11:54 am
Quote:
keep reminding myself that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers.

hahahahahahaha Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 4:16 pm
Seas wrote:

I do, and I am a teacher as well.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 4:29 pm
op- it looks like you are a teacher. don't know what grade- could it be that you are all kid out by the time you get home, you've used up your patience being patient with other people's children.

naomi2

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 4:30 pm
Could it be possible that they know you think they are annoying and that makes them more needy and clingy for attention? Kind of like a cycle maybe?
Maybe try giving yourself timeout everyday just for you. And then give them time just for them. And hugs.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Dec 26 2016, 4:39 pm
op I hear what you are saying
my oldest 6 yo DD can get on my nerves much easier than the rest of my kids, and she is my best behaved kid!
its not just the occasional chuzpta and negativity, its also the NON STOP TALKING.

as someone else said , each age come with pros and cons.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics