Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much do you make?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

icebreaker

Post Fri, Dec 30 2016, 9:12 pm
62K as a financial aid advisor at a college (private college, not Jewish)

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 8:53 pm
amother wrote:
Physical Therapist $45 an hour - about 15 hrs a week in NY

Ei or Cpse? I am an SI EI (which is technically a lower degree than p.t.) and make more than that for half hour session. I'm pointing this out so you can know that there is a higher rate of pay for physical therapists than what you are currently earning. Hope this is helpful!
Maybe it's time to ask for a raise?
I could be completly off base but I wanted to say something just in case it will help.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 10:30 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I work in healthcare recruiting my experience is that PA's will often start out lower due to lack of experience and lack of interest among employers. I have customers in Skilled Nursing, Home Health and out patient clinics who pay around $50 an hour or 100k starting salary for NP's. They all prefer NP's over PA's and pay them better. A typical NP has worked as an RN for a few years at least before becoming an NP so they are more experienced with caring for patients. Many times a PA goes from under grad to grad school without that same experience in between. When people ask me I usually recommend becoming a nurse practitioner over a physician assistant. The job opportunities are more varied.

The last 2 hospitals I worked in only hired PAs and not NPs in most of the departments.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 12:38 am
I am a technical subject matter expert (technical leadership position) working in supporting DOD (department of defense), I am an actual federal government employee, full time, long commute.
I earn $130K a year before taxes ( but this includes special pay for fluency in two languages on top of my salary). I just got competitively promoted to this position. I have 17 years full time work experience in both private industry and government and I have a master's degree in engineering from one of top schools in my field.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 3:53 am
Wow! I earn about 32k a year and that's from secretarial office work. All of you who make more, is it with degrees and schooling?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 4:39 am
I think I'm the first writer to respond on this thread. I earn around 40K a year, but that can vacillate around 10k depending on my output. You can make money writing, as long as you are comfortable in multiple genres and can write thousands of words a week. You get to do it wearing fuzzy slippers, so that's awesome.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:02 am
63k working 28 hours a week in SEO/ Marketing. No degree, although most people in my field do have degrees. I'd love to hear from others in my field because there's very little reliable data available about pay in the industry.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:13 am
Fulltime RN in NYC hospital. Just over 100k this past year plus ~12k from overtime shifts (approx 1/month). 5 years experience.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
Ei or Cpse? I am an SI EI (which is technically a lower degree than p.t.) and make more than that for half hour session. I'm pointing this out so you can know that there is a higher rate of pay for physical therapists than what you are currently earning. Hope this is helpful!
Maybe it's time to ask for a raise?
I could be completly off base but I wanted to say something just in case it will help.

You would be surprised. I am a therapist, and after working a few years, I realized that SI basically gets the same rate, and you have less paperwork, scheduling issues, and the like. Therapists usually have 1/2 hour sessions. Cpse-get paid by the hour. (2 half hour session = 1 hour). So if I work 4 hours a day doing Cpse, I see 8 children in that time. Times that by at least 2, because if your lucky, most kids get two half hour sessions a week.
So, 16 children a week times paperwork and reports.
I think SI are way better off, if they can fill up their caseload.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 6:20 pm
Sorry OP if I'm hijacking your thread. I'm adressing this to:
Pewter - first writer to respond
and
Blonde - marketing/seo writer

Can you help a fellow writer?

Are you running your own writing business? agency employed? freelancer?

I want to earn more as a writer.

Thanks

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:59 pm
I teach limudei kodesh elementary about 16 hrs/wk and make $28,000 (those hours dont include the at home hours tho)

And I write freelance and make another about $20-25,000 from that.

I love my flexibility and time home with the kids - but sometimes the writing deadlines can be a pressure.

In the summer I also try to find other temporary work to make another few thousand dollars

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
I teach limudei kodesh elementary about 16 hrs/wk and make $28,000 (those hours dont include the at home hours tho)

And I write freelance and make another about $20-25,000 from that.

I love my flexibility and time home with the kids - but sometimes the writing deadlines can be a pressure.

In the summer I also try to find other temporary work to make another few thousand dollars

Can you elaborate on the freelance writing? How do you get started making money with that?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 1:05 am
I am a PA with almost 5 yrs experience in a Brooklyn hospital(Manhattan hospitals are known to pay more) and make about 98k including extras from holidays, shift differential ...+ free insurance, nice amount of PTO, pension.. I work 13 shifts a month which is basically 3x per week with one extra shift a month. I love my job because its flexible and my boss is really accommodating. Often if we have overlapping shifts I will get to leave early ( usually 1-2 hrs tho s/t more) This is really important to me as a Jewish mother of children. I honestly dont know what the going salary is and I dont care because yes I need to work to pay my bills including a really high mortgage since we live in Brooklyn.... but I need to put my family first and if I can get 10-20K more but not be able to leave early and have to stay late its not worth it! Plus most of it goes to tax anyway! Those of you who are looking for you husbands I agree to look around for better salary as for them a few extra hours a week or longer commute ... is not such a big deal but for a Jewish mother who wants to be with her kids it is. And going to Manhattan with the train would be at least an hr commute and mine is half of that and they are usually very high pressure and on top of their employees. To the recruiter who stated about NP's I think its recruiter specific. Hospitals hire mostly PA's. Np's are mostly in clinics. And from what I hear for the woman who is looking for her husband NYHQ pays over 100k yr for new grads. It is high pressure, never leaving on time, heavy pt load and 48 hrs a week every week not 40 or 36 but they pay well. I have verified this with several colleagues. So if that would work out for your and his lifestyle let him go for it. As I had stated for me I would never be willing to work 48 hrs per week, further from home, leaving late. So as all have said there are alot of factors to salary/job. Sorry for rambling so much.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics