Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
SECRETS OF THE TORAH VIDEO - Rabbi Mizrachi
1  2  3  Next

mirror

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 8:29 pm

GreenEyes26

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 8:32 pm
Not a Rabbi.

sourstix

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 8:39 pm
I second that one, not a rabbi. He should be ashamed of himself.

I didn't watch this clip but what I've heard from his mouth he shouldn't be allowed to speak for us.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 9:05 pm
I was surprised to see an ad in one of the Chanukah magazines for Keiravtuni that had Mizrachi on their list of Rabbis attending. After that whole statement put out against him I couldn't believe it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:53 am
Mirror, I can't open the link but you did post it in the Inspirational forum so I'll assume you found it inspirational.
If that's the case, you may not be aware of the condemnation he's come under lately. It gives me great pause and personally, I wouldn't look to him for inspiration. I know many people who have been inspired by him, I assume it's less incendiary stuff and I wouldn't tell you to stop listening. But you might want to stop sharing, you will NOT get the feedback you'd like.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:16 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Mirror, I can't open the link but you did post it in the Inspirational forum so I'll assume you found it inspirational.
If that's the case, you may not be aware of the condemnation he's come under lately. It gives me great pause and personally, I wouldn't look to him for inspiration. I know many people who have been inspired by him, I assume it's less incendiary stuff and I wouldn't tell you to stop listening. But you might want to stop sharing, you will NOT get the feedback you'd like.

Can you (or anyone ) tell me any reputable rabbonim or people who are vocally coming out against him? I was discussing my personal feeling abt his views with someone who thought I was crazy and wanted to know who if anyone has come out against him.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:20 am
there's a thread on here with the rabbis who came out against him.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:25 am
Thank you! Very inspirational video!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:34 am
amother wrote:
Can you (or anyone ) tell me any reputable rabbonim or people who are vocally coming out against him? I was discussing my personal feeling abt his views with someone who thought I was crazy and wanted to know who if anyone has come out against him.

RCA and many rabbis. See letter here.
http://jewinthecity.com/2016/1.....achi/

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 8:44 am
amother wrote:

I post this with profound regret:
http://cross-currents.com/2016.....iruv/

sourstix

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:49 am
Why isn't he embarrassed to come out with a despicable statement on Kenoshim that we're killed in ww2?!

There are so many other things he said that make me cringe. And people out there don't see it. Where's the head scratching emoji?

Wake up, he's. A sick person. He has no normal way of thinking! I simply laugh when I hear the stuff he says. I have zero respect for him.

He has chutzpah that knows no bound. He should be ashamed of himself.

Chasidish people are blinded by him. Ok not all of them , a big amount. Why? I don't know. If he would stick to just simple stuff he would be ok. He thinks we need his ridiculous rhetoric.

He gets into things that have nothing to do with kiruv. Anyway rant over.

mirror

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you! Very inspirational video!

This video is the best Kiruv video I have ever seen.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 1:32 pm
mirror wrote:
This video is the best Kiruv video I have ever seen.

nebach

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:28 pm
Regarding the statement he made about those killed in the holocaust, he apologized and retracted his statement publicly. When a certain news outlet released a video of a holocaust survivor saying that the apology wasn't enough, he traveled to that holocaust survivors house and spent hours with him, apologizing personally for his mistake (which, imo, having listened to the original speech was blown way out of proportion) and listening to this man tell about the horrors he faced in the holocaust. I don't think it's just to hold that statement against him. He apologized and retracted publicly (and he only ever said it as a possible idea that he suggested May be possible).

I don't know if the letter from those rabbis condemning him are from before or after the apology, just putting this out there.

GreenEyes26

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:32 pm
amother wrote:
Regarding the statement he made about those killed in the holocaust, he apologized and retracted his statement publicly. When a certain news outlet released a video of a holocaust survivor saying that the apology wasn't enough, he traveled to that holocaust survivors house and spent hours with him, apologizing personally for his mistake (which, imo, having listened to the original speech was blown way out of proportion) and listening to this man tell about the horrors he faced in the holocaust. I don't think it's just to hold that statement against him. He apologized and retracted publicly (and he only ever said it as a possible idea that he suggested May be possible).

I don't know if the letter from those rabbis condemning him are from before or after the apology, just putting this out there.

Oh please. First of all, he never, ever should have said what he said in the first place. Second of all, that is the tip of the iceberg with him.

He is a very, very, very bad man.

leopardspots

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:38 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
Oh please. First of all, he never, ever should have said what he said in the first place. Second of all, that is the tip of the iceberg with him.

He is a very, very, very bad man.

Thank you.
Enough with the apologetics!
This man and others like him distort Judaism. I'm so happy he has been called out.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:

Please read the link Pink Fridge posted above.
It's not just this one statement. He has disparaged women being led to the gas chambers for having their hair uncovered, for example. He has said many many bad things. I urge you to read the link above.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 6:04 pm
amother wrote:
Please read the link Pink Fridge posted above.
It's not just this one statement. He has disparaged women being led to the gas chambers for having their hair uncovered, for example. He has said many many bad things. I urge you to read the link above.

Am about to read those links, but before I do...gotta point out that rabbi avigdor Miller said long ago that women for led to the gas chambers because of uncovering hair. A seminary teacher of mine made us read that in class 12 years ago (anyone here from moreshet who remembers rabbi triebitz)?

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 6:09 pm
amother wrote:

Funny how to some people (such as your friend for example), an opinion is invalid until it's backed by a whole bunch of rabbanim.

If a rabbi didn't say so, one cannot think it.

Lol.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
Am about to read those links, but before I do...gotta point out that rabbi avigdor Miller said long ago that women for led to the gas chambers because of uncovering hair. A seminary teacher of mine made us read that in class 12 years ago (anyone here from moreshet who remembers rabbi triebitz)?

When God comes down and tells us that he brought our ancestors to the gas chambers because of something they did (God forbid), I'll believe it. Until then...
The Judaism I practice, and the God that I believe in, is not vengeful.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational