Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
SECRETS OF THE TORAH VIDEO - Rabbi Mizrachi
Previous  1  2  3  Next

anotherima

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:37 pm
Does anyone know who gave him smicha? I am curious to know.

Mevater

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:
When God comes down and tells us that he brought our ancestors to the gas chambers because of something they did (God forbid), I'll believe it. Until then...
The Judaism I practice, and the God that I believe in, is not vengeful.

I like that, but for those who cant sleep wondering why a compassionate G-d allowed the Holocaust, what would you answer them?

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:39 pm
Mevater wrote:
I like that, but for those who cant sleep wondering why a compassionate G-d allowed the Holocaust, what would you answer them?

as human beings, we have no way of knowing the answer. we're not even qualified to guess. we can't see through God's eyes.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:45 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
as human beings, we have no way of knowing the answer. we're not even qualified to guess. we can't see through God's eyes.

This.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:45 pm
anotherima wrote:

From what I've read, it doesn't appear that he has smicha and he doesn't have a rabbi of his own either.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:36 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
Oh please. First of all, he never, ever should have said what he said in the first place. Second of all, that is the tip of the iceberg with him.

He is a very, very, very bad man.

Agreed.

Whomever is interested can read a little about him here just to get a "flavor". Then you can start googling to find the YouTube videos of the things mentioned in the article. Puke
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

Mevater

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:54 pm
OMG! This is outrageous that he says this with no Biblical proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....RoXGa

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:28 am
Mevater wrote:
OMG! This is outrageous that he says this with no Biblical proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....RoXGa

Oh my gosh.

Yikes.

Do I need the stamp of approval from a long list of rabbis before I say that this video is really creepy? Oh well, too late now. LOL

Mevater

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:36 am
GreenEyes26 wrote:
He is a very, very, very bad man.

I think hes just not very well thought out, and talks before he thinks. I cant see what hes gaining from saying outrageous things, other than momentary publicity. I think he has good intentions but hes publicity hungry and enjoys shocking others so it flavors the way he expresses himself.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:43 am
Mevater wrote:

Read A Divine Madness, by Rav Avigdor Miller.

Why are we ever punished throughout history? Not because we are doing Hashem's will and serving Him properly.
You have your preconceived notion about how Hashem runs the world. It might not be totally correct.

I Disagree with Yossi Mizrachi's way. I used to listen to him, but got fed up with him. His view of the holocaust is incorrect and not Torah and fact sourced. His passion is misplaced. He throws out "facts" and "proofs" without sources or distorted. Torah should be guiding him, not his emotions.

Edited to correct the tittle name.

Last edited by Iymnok on Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:52 am
Can't believe the amount of Lashon Hara on this thread. Saying someone is bad. Rav Mizrahchi tries to be mekarv people. Yes his style is to be blunt and does not sugar coat things. You do a sin, there are consequences.
I will go on to say there was a great rav who wrote about reasons for the Holocaust. The manuscripts were published after his death. He was Rabbi Avigdor Miller, Ztl and the book is called "a Divine Madness" Maybe some of you should read it. I wonder if you would say Rav Miller was a very very bad person for writing such things!!
The scenarios we are facing now are quite similar to what was happening before the pre-holocaust. May I remind you those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and Maaseh Avos, Siman L'Banim. Honestly we are practically on the heels of Moshiach. Instead of complaining about Rav Mizrachi, what are YOU doing to be Me'krav those jews who are far from Yahudus?

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 1:00 am
amother wrote:
Can't believe the amount of Lashon Hara on this thread. Saying someone is bad. Rav Mizrahchi tries to be mekarv people. Yes his style is to be blunt and does not sugar coat things. You do a sin, there are consequences.
I will go on to say there was a great rav who wrote about reasons for the Holocaust. The manuscripts were published after his death. He was Rabbi Avigdor Miller, Ztl and the book is called "a Divine Madness" Maybe some of you should read it. I wonder if you would say Rav Miller was a very very bad person for writing such things!!
The scenarios we are facing now are quite similar to what was happening before the pre-holocaust. May I remind you those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and Maaseh Avos, Siman L'Banim. Honestly we are practically on the heels of Moshiach. Instead of complaining about Rav Mizrachi, what are YOU doing to be Me'krav those jews who are far from Yahudus?

Blunt is fine, as long as its true and Torah sourced. Which this isn't. I don't see your point.

Mevater

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 1:24 am
gold21 wrote:
Blunt is fine, as long as its true and Torah sourced. Which this isn't. I don't see your point.

Im not familiar with Rav Miller's book, how does Rav Miller's explanation of the Holocaust differ from Rabbi Mizrachi's explanation?

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 1:35 am
Mevater wrote:
Im not familiar with Rav Miller's book, how does Rav Miller's explanation of the Holocaust differ from Rabbi Mizrachi's explanation?

I'm referencing the video posted in this thread. I haven't seen the Holocaust comments, so no clue.

5*Mom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:04 am
amother wrote:

He said those things publicly during his lifetime. In high school we were given an assignment that included attending Rabbi Miller's shiurim. My mother wouldn't let us go for this reason. We were given an alternate assignment that didn't involve Rabbi Miller. This was a very long time ago.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:07 am
amother wrote:
Regarding the statement he made about those killed in the holocaust, he apologized and retracted his statement publicly. When a certain news outlet released a video of a holocaust survivor saying that the apology wasn't enough, he traveled to that holocaust survivors house and spent hours with him, apologizing personally for his mistake (which, imo, having listened to the original speech was blown way out of proportion) and listening to this man tell about the horrors he faced in the holocaust. I don't think it's just to hold that statement against him. He apologized and retracted publicly (and he only ever said it as a possible idea that he suggested May be possible).

I don't know if the letter from those rabbis condemning him are from before or after the apology, just putting this out there.

After, as is clear from the letter. Here's the relevant paragraph.
Quote:
Earlier this year, Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi apologized for one particularly offensive statement he made on several occasions. But he has voiced, both before and since that apology, many things that reduce complex issues to simplistic and misleading sound bites.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:13 am
Mevater wrote:

Rav Miller was a historian in addition to being an American born talmid chocham educated in the yeshivas in prewar Europe.
I don't see anything in R' Mizrachi with a real background, study and understanding of the entire concept he's talking about. He spews it out in an excited way without thinking first and without clear sources. There is really no comparison.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 2:16 am
anotherima wrote:

No one knows.

Mevater

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 8:01 am
Iymnok wrote:
Rav Miller was a historian in addition to being an American born talmid chocham educated in the yeshivas in prewar Europe.
I don't see anything in R' Mizrachi with a real background, study and understanding of the entire concept he's talking about. He spews it out in an excited way without thinking first and without clear sources. There is really no comparison.

The above may be 100% true, but havent both said the Holocaust happened because of Jews sinning?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 8:01 am
Mevater wrote:
The above may be 100% true, but havent both said the Holocaust happened because of Jews sinning?

And many disagreed with Rav Avigdor Miller on that.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational