Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Building toys for preschoolers

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 3:55 pm
Hi all,
My kids need something to play with when they are indoors this winter. Im looking for toys, any toys that go away in a bucket/drawer that anyone is looking to give away. (Or cheap. Everything brand new is way too expensive for us)
Prefer building toys, train set, etc.
No big items, like bikes, trampolines or kitchen sets.
If you are looking to give away, and you are in Brooklyn, please let me know.
Tia!

queenert

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 4:40 pm
Not in Brooklyn, but we're (all of us, parents included!) really enjoying our new Snapos.
Check out Craigslist.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:00 pm
What are snapos?

queenert

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:34 pm
https://snapo.com
Legos, reimagined

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:36 pm
Cool! I can't afford the prices for new toys though.

queenert

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:41 pm
This way you can keep an eye out for them on Craigslist, Freecycle, etc.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:17 pm
How old are the kids?

Join freecycle. It's not so easy to score there but when I got lucky it was very lucky Very Happy

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:35 pm
They are 3 and 4. What is freecycle?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:49 pm
Thank you. I joined freecycle.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 8:23 pm
does your community have a toy gemach? any second hand stores? I also find that sometimes there are good sales on new toys

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 8:42 pm
OP, if you are interested in low-cost rather than free, PM me, I may have a lead.

I also have a small train set to give away but I don't think a 3-4 year old could handle it. It's plastic and cheap so it needs a lot of finesse to put it together, not like the chunky wooden kind that little kids can do easily. I'm undecided on whether or not to consult my kids on getting rid of it because if they ever do remember, they'll feel betrayed, but if they wouldn't remember and I ask them, they will for sure say they need to play with it "just one more time..." when most of the reason I want it out is because I can't handle anything else getting set up all over my floor.

2cents

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 9:10 pm
I wanted a specific toy for my son for Chanukah that was 29.99 on amazon. It was marked down to 19.99 in a frum store in bp. On my way to go buy it, I happen to stop at amazing savings and get the exact toy for 7.99. Moral of the story: check amazing savings! They often bring things like clics, bizy bits, mega blocks, and duplo at discount prices. And you don't have to buy a lot at once. You can buy 1-2 items a month to keep it budget friendly and build their toy closet up slowly.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 9:16 pm
I got Bizzy Bits at Amazing Savings and I think they have them pretty consistently (though I'm sure one day they suddenly won't and we'll be smacking ourselves for not getting more) - EXCELLENT bang for your buck. A fraction of the cost of clics and my kids have gotten a lot of use out of them. I think I bought them when my kids were around your kids' ages.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 9:20 pm
Thank you for all of the suggestions. I will check amazing saving.

2cents

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 9:25 am
I bought a box of bizzy bits several months ago for my kids and am realizing as I read this thread that they never reach for them. Op, I live in brooklyn and wouldn't mind passing them along to you. I'm always trying to decluttet their toy closet but feel bad throwing things out. They've played with it twice that I can recall since I bought them before pesach, and will never notice if I get rid of them, which to me is a sign that I should!

Also bought them a beginners set of Lincoln logs that they never liked to play with- I have 5 kids and the set wasn't intriguing enough and didn't have enough pieces for them to enjoy. For two younger kids it may be great!

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 3:18 pm
THANK you 2cents. I will pm you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries