Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I want a proper drip coffee maker and Burr grinder

jkw

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 4:04 pm
Just made aliyah but "can't live" without a coffee maker like the Cuisinart I had in chutz...Or the grinder either. Where in Jerusalem can I find such things with 220v?
Signed, a confirmed coffee drinker.

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 4:12 pm
Dh got his at Ace I think. They're hard to find since the coffee pods are so popular, but the big chain hardware stores usually carry them.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 4:17 pm
Can you run them with adapters?

jkw

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:03 pm
OP here. I thought about bringing a 110v and using with adaptor, but have read that they burn out faster...

jkw

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 5:04 pm
Where is Ace hardware in Jlem?

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 8:44 pm
jkw wrote:
Where is Ace hardware in Jlem?

In Talpiyot, at Lev Hauman (which also happens to be where the best Shufersal Deal in the city is. Nice, bright store, wide aisles, large natural section, and six self-checkout stations which are an absolute mechaya for last minute Friday shopping).

jkw

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 2:49 am
Thanks to Teomina, I am now the proud possessor of a drip coffee maker and a coffee grinder!
Now I need to know where to buy the filters ( what are they called in Ivrit?) and where you buy your beans... Impatient to start!

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 4:58 am
jkw wrote:
Thanks to Teomina, I am now the proud possessor of a drip coffee maker and a coffee grinder!
Now I need to know where to buy the filters ( what are they called in Ivrit?) and where you buy your beans... Impatient to start!

Congratulations!
Most machines these days come with a reusable mesh filter...yours doesn't? If not, they're sold in the supermarket, near the coffee, in slim boxes. They're just called filters, I believe. As for the coffee, my dh imports Tim Hortons from Canada, but many, if not most, cafes sell whole beans and of course there's The Coffee Mill. Places like Super Moshava sell ground Folgers and Kroger brand coffee.

jkw

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:22 am
You are helpful again! I do have a mesh cup.
Understand why your DH gets Timmies. I came with Starbucks VIA sticks for Shabbos. .
Will look around for the right coffee

ally

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:35 am
Kilimanjaro is a boutique coffee roasting company that makes amazing coffee but it is on the expensive side.
The guy who owns it is really friendly and helpful.

jkw

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:50 am
Interested! Do you have their contact information?
Thanks!

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 12:01 pm
Starbuck VIAs are my guilty pleasure. I order them online, 100-150 at a time (there's relatively cheap packs of 50 available on Amazon), and have people bring them in. They're so small and lightweight they're easy to stick in random suitcase pockets. I was introduced to them also by friend who use them on Shabbat, but now they're my daily coffee.

shabri

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 12:07 pm
There is a spice store on Yaffo near the shuk. Right next to Chaba cafe. Has amazing coffee beans

ally

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 12:41 pm
jkw wrote:
Interested! Do you have their contact information?
Thanks!

http://www.kilimancoffee.com/
https://m.facebook.com/CafeKilimanjaro/

(I have no vested interest - just like promoting small business)

elanab

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 2:39 pm
I order coffee filters from the US (usually in bulk) and then find someone to bring them over.... you can also try iherb.com that delivers to israel....
in terms of beans- some pitzuchim (nuts/candy) stores have whole beans and grind on location- just be sure to mention you want a thicker/coarser grind and not like turkish coffee. I get mine from my local pitzuchim store who has a branch in geula and in ramat shlomo (cohen pur 02-500-3472)
I get columbian beans ground for 8 shekel for 100 grams, but again I also try to get coffee from the US whenever someone comes in......
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions