Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Spinoff - office work without degree how much do you make
1  2  Next

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:45 pm
if u are a secretary bookkeeper office manager admin associate medical biller etc how much do u make what are your hours.

I am a bookkeeper. I work 30 hrs a week in brooklyn and make 46k a yr. 2 weeks paid vacation but no other benefits

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:33 pm
I do medical billing in lkwd. work about 9.30-2.30 daily (approx 26 hours per week)- salary appox 48k + (fully paid single health insurance) per year. I have no formal schooling. training is done on the job.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:36 pm
Office manager, 20 hours a week, 30k. New york

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 3:02 am
I manage an American company's Israel branch. I happen to put in a huge amount of hours but it's salaried so I can do less any day I want. I work from home as does the team I manage. 100% flexibility. $35K.

Surprise

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 5:06 am
amother wrote:
I do medical billing in lkwd. work about 9.30-2.30 daily (approx 26 hours per week)- salary appox 48k + (fully paid single health insurance) per year. I have no formal schooling. training is done on the job.

Hi can you please pm me about your job? Do you work from home? Do you know if they're looking to hire? Thanks

Surprise

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 5:07 am
If you know of any job -computer work etc that can be done from home, please pm me. Thank you!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 10:37 am
im looking for a job in brooklyn. why are so many places offering $16 an hour? (im not talking about a entry level position)

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 10:49 am
That sounds nice to me.
I work the same hours, 6 years experience and high office position and earn less than that.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
im looking for a job in brooklyn. why are so many places offering $16 an hour? (im not talking about a entry level position)

It's so frustrating isn't it? I look at job postings and see $12/hour being offered in Brooklyn for office jobs. It's pathetic.
I can't believe some of you are earning high 40K with benefits and part time at that. That's wonderful for those who have it lol I just can't understand for the life of me where to find such a job. I've been looking, trust me...

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:11 am
Could it be that the people posting high 40s aren't just starting out there?

I started at $15 an hour and was then offered $17. I opted instead to get $16 an hour with certain benefits I had wanted. I've been at the company for 2 years now. (It's not really paid by the hour though. They just calculated the hours times the rate and that's how much I get per month regardless of how many hours I actually work so the flexibility is amazing.)

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:25 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
That sounds nice to me.
I work the same hours, 6 years experience and high office position and earn less than that.

were you responding to me? you earn less than $16 an hour?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
Could it be that the people posting high 40s aren't just starting out there?

I started at $15 an hour and was then offered $17. I opted instead to get $16 an hour with certain benefits I had wanted. I've been at the company for 2 years now. (It's not really paid by the hour though. They just calculated the hours times the rate and that's how much I get per month regardless of how many hours I actually work so the flexibility is amazing.)

im not "starting out" either. I would be happy with $17 if I had 2 years experience, but I have more.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:31 am
I run the entire branch and was hired away from another company in which I ran the department for about 9 years so 2 years experience sounds deceptively novice.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:32 am
I make 23/hr after one year but get paid hourly not salary so only get it if I work

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:39 am
amother wrote:
I run the entire branch and was hired away from another company in which I ran the department for about 9 years so 2 years experience sounds deceptively novice.

oh oops shock

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 11:44 am
amother wrote:
im not "starting out" either. I would be happy with $17 if I had 2 years experience, but I have more.

I'm not starting out either, I have over 10 years experience and people are still offering me $15 an hour or less.
I've started asking for at least $20 an hour.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
oh oops shock

To clarify, I'm sort of using my situation as a sort of 'Kal V'chomer'. Meaning, the company is outsourcing to Israel and we're working from home. If that's what I get, I think someone working in an office in Brooklyn should be getting much more.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not starting out either, I have over 10 years experience and people are still offering me $15 an hour or less.
I've started asking for at least $20 an hour.

I was responding to amother grey.

honestly, im looking for more than $20, because I feel I should get more with my skills and experience, and I know there are jobs out there that pay it. I just have to find one Smile

with G-D's help, I hope you find a job thats a good fit soon!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 12:32 pm
amother wrote:
To clarify, I'm sort of using my situation as a sort of 'Kal V'chomer'. Meaning, the company is outsourcing to Israel and we're working from home. If that's what I get, I think someone working in an office in Brooklyn should be getting much more.

oh. that clarifies.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:
were you responding to me? you earn less than $16 an hour?

I was responding to the op but honestly $16 an hour sounds great for a starting position in a new company. When I was looking for a job I was accepting $13 an hour becasue it was the only thing and that was considered high.
$15 is the norm. $16 is nice!
Also people make more the longer they are in the company and the more experience they have.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics