Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Putting two kids to bed in the same room

goodrms

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 8:31 pm
Does anyone have any advice on how to put 2 kids to sleep together in the same room. My kids just end up keeping each other up! What I have been doing is putting one to sleep in my bed then moving him. But as my family is growing it is getting harder to do this. Does anyone have any tried and true methods? Thanks!!!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 9:07 pm
I have kids sleeping in the same room & although it's not perfect, it is doable. First, we go upstairs earlier than I actually plan for them to go to sleep. I take them up at 7 PM when real target sleep time is more like 8-8:30 PM. I tell them they can talk, read, look at books or any other quiet activities, etc, but must stay in bed unless need bathroom. They don't need to fall asleep right away, but it's relaxing time. We keep a lamp on in the room till about 8:30 PM & then switch it to a nightlight which makes room darker & more conducive to sleep. I can't say it's perfect - they bother each other sometimes, come downstairs to tell me this or that or for a drink, etc, but at least generally a framework that it is going to sleep time & since we start process so early, they eventually they drift off at a pretty reasonable hour.

pizza4

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 9:20 pm
I have 2 in one bedroom.
As soon as you make a routine, any routine, they will get used to it and will be fine (mostly!)
Here's what I do. We go upstairs at 6:30, aiming for bedtime of 7-7:30. I try to bathe daily, as it relaxes them and kind of tells them bedtime better than me saying it... While they are getting into pj's and choosing a book I put the baby to bed. Then I say shema with each of them separately and sometimes also read a book. Start with the child that falls asleep easier/ faster. I leave a kosher lamp on so they can look at a couple books in bed and after a bit I close it halfway.
Good luck!

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 10:14 pm
I have one who generally falls asleep much more easily than the other, so if it's possible to stagger their bedtimes a little then that works out well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics