Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to keep pony under sheitel from bulging out in back of s

esmom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:13 pm
Hi! Just wondering if anyone has an idea to keep a pony tail under my sheitel from bulging out. It looks like a huge bump and sheitel doesnt look smooth in the back. Any ideas on how to put hair up so doesnt bulge out? Thanks so much!

kiryat sefer

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:14 pm
My aunts make a low pony and they clip it up with a goody metal clip.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:18 pm
I used to do what above poster suggested- clip up my long ponytail with a metal clip- but eventually I got a short haircut and wear it in a bun, as low under the net as possible. Make sure your wig is the right size. If it's too small it will accentuate the bump. I finally got a wig that is the right size and it never shows the bump

gibberish

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:20 pm
kiryat sefer wrote:
My aunts make a low pony and they clip it up with a goody metal clip.

This is what I do as well. Low pony and then use flat clip to clip the pony on top of head so it's all smooth.

penguin

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:42 pm
Note you put the clip in facing your head with pony pointing up. Kind of hard to explain... I cut it when it goes over the top of my head.

trixx

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:44 pm
thin the hair, keep as short as you would like it, use a thin pony not a very thick one, tuck it as close to nape of neck as possible and then kind of reach under and smoosh the ponytail flat. so it's not a bun but a wide flattened bun. instead of a bump you'll have just a thicker rounded back of head.

esmom

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 7:48 pm
Thanks so much for all these suggestions. l will definately try and see which one works for me. Thanks so much!

Liora20

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 10:26 am
Wearing a shaytel for the first time myself and have tried every hairstyle under the sun 😂

The very best one I've tried goes as follows; I put my hair in a low ponytail, then split the ponytail in 2. I twist each half and clip it to the top of my head using a small (1.5 inch?) French barrette. Works a treat. FWIW my hair is long and somewhat thin!

cm

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 10:36 am
I use a wide metal barrette to make low ponytail with the barrette facing up like a smile. (I think this is what penguin was describing above). It then naturally wants to flip up - the hair is spread out in the barrette, so no bump, and pointing in the right direction to lie flat over the back/top of your head. Depending on the length of your hair, you may need to fasten the ponytail in place once flipped up.

I also find it helpful to use the same type of barrettes, one on each side, to hold my hair back from my face before making the ponytail.

When my hair is shorter, I just hold it back from my face with the wigrip (best invention ever!) and tuck the ends in as needed in back, making sure they are not all in one bump.

hinenimuchan

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 2:03 am
I usually also do the metal barrette, reversed so the pony flips up and the barrette curve matches the curve of my head. I position it so it falls in the curve of the head that leads into the neck. Sometimes I fold the pony over at the top and put another barrette there to secure it.

Hints:

The barrette should be long, not necessarily wide. I have thick hair so I grab the longest size Goody ones when I can find them; they are a little hard to find. I think I also got a pack with two of the right size ones in Bandana in Yerushalayim, on King George; they are shaped a little differently and close differently.

If your hair is too thick to fit in even the longest Goody barrette, first try spreading the hair out as much as possible into the farthest ends. If that doesn't work, you can unbend the little folded part a bit by wedging something in there; you can also reduce the curve of the long moveable piece that fastens in, to make more room for hair.

Sometimes I use pantihose-like wig caps in addition or instead. If I am patient, I can scrunch all my hair in there, all over my head, without a barrette, giving the smoothest and roundest appearance, and more comfortable if no barrette. In either case, the compression minimizes all bulging. Once the wig is on my head, I slip the cap back to expose enough hair to secure the top clip of the wig. Some wig stores have those caps (mainly African type wig stores, although I also got some at a medical wig store). When I can't get to those stores, I order the Jon Renau box of 12-15 online from HB Beauty Bar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels