Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
If you have anything remarkable about how you met your DH?

Did you have a feeling all along? If no, when did it finally make sense that it was your bashert?
yes  
 60%  [ 27 ]
no  
 40%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 45

thegiver

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:24 am
pls private message me if you have a nice story about how you and your soulmate met! I need some stories to adapt (anonymously of course) for a book Smile I love those stories when there were doubts or obstacles to overcome and you found a way to make it work.

they could be bland but I am looking on hearing the moment when it all clicked and you knew for sure, that 'moment-of-duh'-I-can't-believe-I-didn't-recognize-this-all-along-he's-the-one!!

here are some great stories:
-remarkable hashgacha pratit of how you were introduced
-you weren't attracted to each other at first
-you dated his friend (0and maybe weren't sure to date him or not)
-you had to compromise on something really important
-you have very little in common with one another (or the opposite!)
-you argued a lot while you were dating but now you get along great
-there was no way you could meet in person but you made it work
-you got married really fast
-you got married after a really long time
-you almost said no but you are so happy you didn't
-you worked hard to overcome your own personal doubts and maybe even broke off the engagement?
-you were engaged to someone else? then you happened to be led to him?
-was it love at first sight or last sight?
-you had cold feet at some point?

Water Stones

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 8:48 pm
I told my parents after high school I don't want to seminary. I want to be a seamstress and get married. So shidduch, even that my parents want me to go to seminary.
Then the first boy came to my country to meet me from his relative stayed at my home for a vacation.
We knew it beshert and we got married.

We are all happy!!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 9:01 pm
My husband was actually redt to my cousin. My uncle (who is an unofficial shadchan) told the person that my husband doesn’t sound right for his daughter, but sounds right for his niece. I’m the niece😀

Jewel22

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 9:50 pm
So my story was published on the binah..some people may know it. My seminary secretary introduced me to my dh. Now funny story is how she knows my dh. So one day she decided to go to target and so did my in laws. From far my fil sees her and recognizes her as their neighbor from 18 years ago! So they approach her and they talk..then they ask if she knows any girls from their community to marry their son. Low and behold she knew me from seminary and the rest is history. She was going crazy because it's after 18 years and also she's not a shadchan..just a secretary. And I wasn't going to even go to this seminary but happened last minute and I did..g-d has many ways to plan things and this was for sure bashert!

Boca00

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:16 pm
My friend in seminary kept telling me that I am exactly like her sister in law and I have to go out with her sister in law's brother. She knew nothing about him other than the fact that he had a good voice.

Funny thing is, I am not like her sister in law.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics