Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Earings help!

sv123

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 6:27 pm
I got my daughter's ears pierced when she was 3 months old- about two years ago. We got real earrings and everything was sanitary. The lady who pierced her ears also gave me a cleaning solution which I applied for a week or two. Since then I haven't taken them out and now I've noticed that there's a ton of crust in the back of the earings and one of the earings are starting to pull back into the ear, probably from an excessive amount of crust! I tried taking the earings out but they're stuck and my daughter throws a tantrum any time I touch it. I don't know what to do! Is it infected? How do I take them out?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 6:30 pm
Try soaking the crusty area with a warm washcloth and see if you can get some movement. If this works shop for a continuous wire earring it will help you avoid these problems. My girls all had their ears done early and I learned that it's important to clean behind the ear with alcohol for the first year.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Tue, Jan 03 2017, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

pizza4

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 6:34 pm
Magenta yenta beat me to it, I was going to say the same. Wet the area with warm water. Keep an eye on the area every so often so that it doesn't get like this and clean it with alcohol and then put some bacitracin.
Hanging or loop earrings are great by allowing air to circulate and prevent dirt.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 6:35 pm
Put some bacitracin on it. It might lubricate it and makes sure it won't get infected. If you can't get it out maybe a neighbor can help if not take her somewhere to take it out.
Hatzlacha

precious

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 6:37 pm
I don't know if its already infected but when I had my daughter's ears pierced, the man said to clean the earring stick with alcohol after taking off the back, before pulling it out through the ear, because that is usually what causes infection

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 6:37 pm
pizza4 wrote:
Magenta yenta beat me to it, I was going to say the same. Wet the area with warm water. Keep an eye on the area every so often so that it doesn't get like this and clean it with alcohol and then put some bacitracin.
Hanging or loop earrings are great by allowing air to circulate and prevent dirt.

But I left out the antibiotic cream. embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics