Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Spray foam in attic

Reesa

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:16 pm
did you spray foam your attic? are you happy with it? what temperature is your attic generally in the winter and in the summer? do you know how much money you save on your utility bills?
thanks

reality mom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:29 pm
I did my entire house. It makes a huge difference. Im not sure about the final dollar amount but you end up paying less for heating and cooling for sure.

Reesa

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:38 pm
I'm curious about the attic temperature. I have an unfinished attic and want to be able to comfortably use my attic workout heating or air conditioning. will this do the trick?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:42 pm
Reesa wrote:
did you spray foam your attic? are you happy with it? what temperature is your attic generally in the winter and in the summer? do you know how much money you save on your utility bills?
thanks

Do you mean blown in insulation? What type?

reality mom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:43 pm
Absolutely cannot use the attic for living space without adequate heating or cooling. My attic is still freezing in the winter and hot in the summer. I didn't finish my attic either yet, I use it as storage currently. It's cold in the winter but not as cold as it would be with a different type of insulation. In the summer.... Fuhgeddaboudit. Attics are always unbearable in the summer as they are directly exposed to the sun. Foam spray insulation is meant more to protect from the cold than from the heat.

mother1231

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 5:45 am
Bumping this as I am scheduled to spray foam my attic next week and overwhelmed by the thought that we have to empty the attic . Also you move out when it you had it done ?

Debbig

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 8:50 am
mother1231 wrote:
Bumping this as I am scheduled to spray foam my attic next week and overwhelmed by the thought that we have to empty the attic . Also you move out when it you had it done ?

We did this a few years ago it was a great investment in out house. The house is much warmer in the winter & cooler in the summer & our bills are definitely lower. I didn’t have things in the attic because I have a unfinished basement. We did not move out of the house the day it was done. They did the whole job in one day.

mother1231

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 2:17 pm
Thanks so I have an attic full of things so it’ll have to be emptied . Was more concerned of how long you have to be out of the house for safety ..so a day not too bad

simcha2

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 2:45 pm
We spray foam insulated the attic and when we built an addition. We found the smell pretty bad. It did dissipate after a couple of weeks, but it was very unpleasant beforehand.

mother1231

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 3:31 pm
And safety wise even if it smells it’s safe ?

freshair

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 3:48 am
I did spray foam today. House has an ok smell. Windows are all open. Is it safe to stay overnight?

mikayla18

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:03 am
We ended up doing fiberglass instead of spray foam (it was free as opposed to spray foam) used a local Jewish company. In and out in 1 day and no smell

momof2+?

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:24 am
mikayla18 wrote:
We ended up doing fiberglass instead of spray foam (it was free as opposed to spray foam) used a local Jewish company. In and out in 1 day and no smell

How did you get the work done free? Where do you live?

mikayla18

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:30 am
momof2+? wrote:
How did you get the work done free? Where do you live?

I live in the 5t. There's government programs now that are free for homeowners (or like 90% off)
I don't know too much about it as BH my husband dealt with it but you can call and see what they say
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars